Scam - Alleged Payment to Springfield Armory

hkepner
New Community Member

I received a scam email saying my PayPal Account had $949.49 withdrawn by Springfield Armory.  I called the number and played along until they finally hung up when they realized they weren't going to get my PayPal Account info.  Has anyone else gotten a similar email?  Is there any place we should forward these emails?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Largebalance
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same e-mail from River City Armory as a gun owner and having had purchased from them in the past I wonder if this scammer has bought a list of gun owners or people who have a CC permit or the like. This is worrisome. I forwarded the e-mail to spoof@paypal.com the chat said someone will get back to me after it is reviewed and I hope that is not the auto-response I got for sending the email to the spoof address. These people need to be caught and prosecuted!  

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hkepner 

spoof@paypal.com

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Largebalance
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same e-mail from River City Armory as a gun owner and having had purchased from them in the past I wonder if this scammer has bought a list of gun owners or people who have a CC permit or the like. This is worrisome. I forwarded the e-mail to spoof@paypal.com the chat said someone will get back to me after it is reviewed and I hope that is not the auto-response I got for sending the email to the spoof address. These people need to be caught and prosecuted!  

Login to Me Too

caapt727
New Community Member

I got the same email except from SevenX Armory,  the email address they gave didn't work, so I figured it was a scam, but it looked more realistic than most scams I receive.

Login to Me Too

clydesdale
New Community Member

nothing to do with gun ownership.  Never owned a gun.  They got our info elsewhere.

Login to Me Too

satterfi
New Community Member

Same here but Black Rock Armory

Login to Me Too

ruby_d00
New Community Member
I just got the same email today from Grayson armory LLC for $699. I immediately logged on to my Paypal account from my browser to check the most recent activity and found no charges. They listed the last four of my debit card in the email though so I immediately removed all of my cards from my PayPal account
Login to Me Too

DeeDeeD
New Community Member

Just got an email from Castleguard Armory LLC stating a payment of $799.00 had been approved. I looked up this company and it is a real business. Don't give 'em any info y'all!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.