Sam Ash scam resolution

mellowdee7
Contributor
Contributor

My husband found out that the Sam Ash Music stores were closing and saw an ad on Facebook to buy equipment at highly discounted prices.  It took him to a website with the Sam Ash logo and he ordered 2 guitars.  It went through PayPal but when the charge came up, it was from a scammer in China.  I called PayPal to let them know not to pay it, but I was told that because it was pending, I would have to wait 7 days and call back.  WHAT!  I'm letting them know that numerous people are buying from the fake site but they won't do anything about it now??  

Buyers beware.  Do not go to a Sam Ash site from Facebook - it a scam!

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

Pufforg
New Community Member

I stupidly fell for this one too. I did the pay in four plan. Can I stop the remaining payments?

Login to Me Too

RikkiSixx
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is investigating this vendor. They froze this scammers account. Should be resolved by the 31st of May 2024

Login to Me Too

robflux

So **bleep** I fell for this.  Happened to me yesterday. Reported to paypal, local police, FTC and my bank.   I had my checking account linked to paypal. Usually when I pay anything with paypal the purchase comes thorough as Paypal on my checking account. This one the scammers name came through instead.  Does this mean the scammer somehow got access to my checking account?  Called paypal customer service and they had no answer.  Bank stopped payment on that 129.98 and said it was an international transaction.  Trying to decide if I need to close my checking account.  Anyone have any experience?

Login to Me Too

jannjann42

I feel so dumb having fallen for this one, too!

Hoping for the best for all of us.

Login to Me Too

AG293
New Community Member

I've never fallen for a scam before. This one got me too. 

Login to Me Too

JD156
Contributor
Contributor
Me too. This one got into my head. They knew exactly what emotional strings to pull.
Login to Me Too

Bulldawj
Contributor
Contributor

The moment I read the Sam Ash clearance sale details, it sounded just too good to be true.  I looked into it and sure as hell, it is a scam. The one thing I was always taught is if it looks too good to be true, it is probably a scam.

Login to Me Too

MRHARDROCK
Contributor
Contributor

I cant believe I fell for the this ad!!! Total scam!!!!  Thank you for the information on what to do to get my money back.

Login to Me Too

cintronics

Why doesn't PayPal block a proven scam account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.