SP America Inc is scamming thousands of American Citizens

Andrewny1
Contributor
Contributor
They’ve been lying and prolonging by sending emails to wait for item. Now refuse to give refund. Please help. It’s been after 180 days. Thousands of Americans is getting robbed by this company. This theft and it’s against the law. Please help.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Andrewny1 

Paypal only covers you for up to 180 days, why didn't you open a paypal dispute before that time expired?

Anyway all you can do now is take private legal action against them if they are in the same country as you.

If they are in another country then your laws don't apply to them, so you would need to risk assess your transactions before going ahead and purchasing.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Andrewny1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for replying about the issue and let me answer your questions.

1. Why I didn't dispute before 180 days? First of all, I didn't know that PayPal only accepts disputes before 180 days. Secondly, who would have thought that this company will lie by sending emails stating, that due to COVID 19 the shipping would be delayed. This company is from CANADA and not in the US. So, if the law doesn't apply to them so why does PAYPAL do business with them? PayPal needs to assess and do their homework before putting their "PAYPAL ACCEPTED" on their page making us believe they will back us up if something happens. I have all the emails and recordings about this transaction.

They are still taking orders, and PAYPAL is still accepted on their sites. They're doing some illegal stuff here yall. 

FDIC Law, Regulations, Related Acts

PayPal needs to act on this because you guys are helping them sell these items that we want, we are being told to wait and that it will arrive. They prolong it until is 180 days so we can't do anything about it. Don't use PAY PAL ACCEPTED Stamp if they're not legit.

s

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Andrewny1 

You choose your seller not paypal, paypal provide you with some buyer protection.

Then you have any laws in your country for any other legal action.

However obviously that would not apply internationally, Paypal is an international company but any private legal action is between you and the seller in that country so I could equally say why did you do business with them?

If you bothered to take the time to read the short section on buyer protection in paypals user agreement then you would know that you only have up to 180 days. That is the same time frame that most credit cards give you as well.

Never leave it past that time frame, if the item eventually turns up AFTER you have won a dispute its easy enough to just pay the seller again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.