SCAM/FRAUD SELLER Posting on Facebook

temp20222506
Contributor
Contributor

I recently thought I was purchasing a great deal from Facebook. There was an advertisement coming from Wayfair for a five-piece outdoor furniture set with cushions selling for $89.99. When I submitted the order, no email was coming back from Wayfair for the confirmation. Instead, it was a suspicious SCAM/FRAUD SELLER ending with 163.com. I was furious and immediately called my bank to stop this transaction. My bank told me to call Paypal and sure enough, that amount was already on my account. Paypal is NO HELP! I checked the status of this dispute and just like everyone else, it was CLOSED! The Seller gave Paypal a fictitious tracking number that was sent by USPS. This SCAM Artist is from China and there is no fringing way that USPS will ship Outdoor Furniture to be placed in a mailbox!  I'm furious, because I lost $112.00. I'm looking into this further and will blast this all over Facebook about this SCAM and also how PayPal will not help!

Looking for help or advice from this Community to see if anyone else had similar problems with this!

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

GrammyGoBoom
New Community Member
There are thousands of these scams on Facebook. The first red flag was the price. Go by the old addage, If it sounds too good to be true then it probably isn't. I just saw one for Wayfair today. It wasn't Wayfair. It was some company by the name of Juliav.shop supposedly selling hardtop gazebos for $89.99. i knew immediately it was fraud because no one is going to sell a $499 gazebo. For $89.99 no matter what and everyone should recognize that immediately. You might get 50% but that's about it. Materials and Labor are more than $90, then shipping? Come on! They set the prices so ridiculously low because most people are going to let it slide when they get scammed. If they scammed too much off of each person they would follow through to get their money back. By keeping it around $100 or less more people let it slide than devote all the aggravation it takes to actually fight for the money. So in the end they make a lot and then they close down and open a new fake site. It's sad. Never buy anything through an advertisement on Facebook. Everyone should slam Facebook for allowing these scammers to advertise. They know that's what they are doing but they just want the dollars.
Login to Me Too

Beezy23
I'm so happy I found this! I was just going to purchase a sofa from a link in FB that took me to Wayfair. I know Wayfair had an actual closeout sale a week ago, but I missed the buy. And now they're charging shipping and at the top it says vadrsale.com, so I became suspicious. Damn, I was so close to buying! I'm so happy that I didn't purchase it!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.