Reyoe Technology Co., Limited. WHO MUST PAY FOR THE RETURN

MAITE51
Contributor
Contributor

I bought some trausers by Instagram to Reyoe Technology Co., Limited (I'll never do such thing again) their quality is Poor and they do not look like in they ad, I'm allowed to return them to their warehouse in Hong Kong. ¿Who must Pay for the cost of the return?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MAITE51 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

If you raise a Paypal claim and win it then normally you would be expected to return the item trackable back to the seller before you get a refund of the original payment.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MAITE51
Contributor
Contributor
As the priduct was advertised on instagram i never knew where it was shipped from. I could never get to see the tracking. This is clearly a scam.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MAITE51 

Which shows the dangers of buying from strangers or companies without proper contact information on Social Media.

When in doubt ie no sellers phone number / address / returns address etc on their site then do not buy.

Scammers will only give you a web email contact / no physical address and no return address, they often make it look as if they are in your country whereas they despatch from loads of different countries but the return depot is nearly always in China.

Social Media is full of scam companies selling tat. You need to read up on buyer protection to see what is offered and then risk assess your own transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kconnak
Contributor
Contributor
I emailed them immediately after ordering that I had to receive by March 1st or they should cancel the order. Of course they shipped but didn't deliver on time. Since the items were gifts for people on a trip they were of zero use to me @$200. Reyoes first response was keep the items and we will give you a $5 refund. It's since gone up to $20. I finally got a return address out of them but am letting PayPal negotiate. Hopefully it will end up better than me paying $50 to return something I told them to cancel repeatedly.
Login to Me Too

seekertat
Contributor
Contributor

My order was coconut core for planting.   The item went from as advertised a 12" - 18" square to a 4" square.   The item advertised was not what I received, so I attempted to return the package, which without tracking would have been almost the same as what I paid for it.   With tracking, it would cost a whole lot more.   This company agrees to refund knowing full well that to do so would cost me, the customer, far more than it's worth.   Return on the package showed Reno, NV, but the instructions to return is to China.   It was shipped from Poland.   I do try to check locations of companies prior to buying, but this company had all that hidden.   I expected shipment from Reno, NV.   Paypal helps, but cannot enforce anything. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.