Resolve permanent account limitation that was opened recently?

DJ456
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a PayPal account recently. After submitting required documents, next day there's a message saying "Because of potential risk exposure, we've permanently limited your account. You'll no longer be able to use the account for any transactions." How can I resolve this?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

ayesha_khalid07
New Community Member

same probem I'm facing did you resolve it?? if yes then please help me

Login to Me Too

DJ456
Contributor
Contributor

Not yet. I will let you know if I found any solution.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DJ456 

Sadly that is a permanent ban message and paypal no longer want to offer you their services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

leavesoon
Contributor
Contributor

me too got the same message immediately after registering a business account, not even asked for documents, these bullshits of account limitations need to be clarify the reasons of limitations, we as customers have the right to know the reasons of the "potential risk", our business is established in one of the world's top five economical countries with over five years and working international without a problem for years, What's wrong with you guys on paypal? if you can offer you service for some limited countries or some specific nationalities (which is i assume is related to my case) please say it clearly and remove not accepted countries or nationalities form your fuc***ing list, don't let us spent our time in filling forms and giving personal details which obviously not excepted. 

Login to Me Too

halo_noan

I has a negative balance of -$79 on my account right before COVID hit, and so PayPal temporarily limited my account then, but the limitation made me unable to pay off the negative balance. I tried calling customer service multiple times, but during COVID PayPal was not accepting calls, as their customer service had no operators working(to my knowledge). At that point I gave up and had to focus on other things. Less than 5 months later, I was getting emails from PayPal that they had - a) Sold off my debt to a third-party debt collector and b) Permanently banned me. It is very upsetting, given that both the financial circumstance of the pandemic and their lack of customer support that I am being permanently banned from this service. Over $79!

So hey PayPal~ if you see this, what the actual heck?

Login to Me Too

DJ456
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

But, why PayPal doesn't want to offer me its services?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Farhana

Hi @DJ456

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitations OR account-specific issues.

Click help/contact bottom left of PayPal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.

It's https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Farhana

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Farhana 

Why are you using one of my ''macros'' copy/pasted word for word from one of my posts with that answer?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sollear
Contributor
Contributor
I am also facing the same problem. I sent the required documents, and after 24 hours, I received a reply to close the account ban, but after two minutes, another email tells me about my account being permanently disabled and not being able to use Paypal. I hope for a solution
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.