Report problem with paypal, and noone helps

Strauker
New Community Member
A few weeks ago I accidentally received 2 payments from a client of mine to a unverified account I used to have a few years ago when I was living in the Netherlands. I restored the password to access the account, in order to send him the funds.

I realized I still had my dutch number, which with the help of the ES paypal team I managed to change.
Once I could enter the account, I uploaded my ID and I couldn't upload a receipt of a supplier, because I don't have one.
I called Paypal NL a couple of times, but since I don't speak dutch I never made it to an agent, and got stuck in the auto responder. Have they thought of people that don't speak the official language in the hotlines they manage?.

I realized at least that I could send a message to the NL Paypal support by accessing my account.

I explained the situation to them and again I got an autoresponder message saying that the incident would be treated. 
After a few hours, to my surprise I got an email saying that my account is going to be closed...

. A possible solution to this is:
- Either close the account in NL and open a new one in ES, so that I can manage to fix the problem by adding a spanish card.
- Either send the funds to the business address that should've gotten the payment and close the NL account... 

Considering Paypal as a company that puts lots of effort in customer service, I am completely deceived. It is amazing how huge companies end up treating customers as a whole...

That's the reason why I posted the problem here, to see if someone finally knows what to do, because it is totally unfair not to have feedback.

Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

paulckruger
Contributor
Contributor

Best option is to find another processor. PayPal used to be good but customer support has drastically declined over past couple years.  It has become so bad I am starting to use CashApp and others more and more.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.