Refund

LilXaniel
Contributor
Contributor
I got scammed yesterday as my friends account got hacked and asked me for money. I tried to get a refund from Paypal and on my activity it says the amount was refunded but it is not reflecting that on my actual bank account.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hello @LilXaniel

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum. 

I would suggest advising your friend to review the following: How do I report potential fraud, spoof or unauthorized transactions to PayPal?

However, if you paid your friend money but received a refund, this refund will be credited to the regional funding source used by you. You mentioned your money/refund is not reflected in your bank account. This indicates you used your bank account as a funding source. A refund to your bank account can take 3-5 business days to complete. 

Please keep an eye on your online banking for an update on this. More information can be found here: How is a refund credited?

I hope this helps. Have a nice day. 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hello @LilXaniel

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum. 

I would suggest advising your friend to review the following: How do I report potential fraud, spoof or unauthorized transactions to PayPal?

However, if you paid your friend money but received a refund, this refund will be credited to the regional funding source used by you. You mentioned your money/refund is not reflected in your bank account. This indicates you used your bank account as a funding source. A refund to your bank account can take 3-5 business days to complete. 

Please keep an eye on your online banking for an update on this. More information can be found here: How is a refund credited?

I hope this helps. Have a nice day. 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.