Refund request from client's bank and it is not our fault

seenora
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have a client that paid for SEO services and a coupe of weeks later a refund request came to our account. I was surprised as we are working with the client and agreed on the keywords. Client also provided us the login information to perform the SEO activities on his website. Upon inquiring, the client says his bank account was hacked and his bank has frozen his account and is investigating the matter which is why it probably happened. He paid for our services via an invoice I had raised from my PayPal account. 

Client now says his bank has asked him to cease any activities with overseas company as they need to investigate the matter. We all know PayPal is the most secure payment model in the world and customer information is protected to the highest standards. Moreover, the payment was from customer side, we have no access to their credit cards nor bank information.  

Please advise as my funds are in HOLD mode and if matter is not resolved then it may lead to dispute. This is a relatively new PayPal account and this was my first business transaction. I replied to the refund status in OPEN CASES under RESOLUTION CENTER as customer is currently working with us and there is no problem.  Now I want to attach the emails of customer to prove authenticity and the fact that we are still working but there is no option to upload or reply any longer as it is under review.

Please advise!!!

Sarina 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.