Refund rejected by Resolution Center, what do to?

Nar71
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I did a purchase on a website via PayPal. After that I never received an email confirmation from the seller and even sent 4 emails requesting updates and confirmation but no reply. I raised a complaint for a refund on the PayPal resolution center and I got an answer that "After our review, we found that certain transactions weren't unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered by PayPal Purchase Protection.". The seller website is surely not legit and I want to see how to cancel and get a refund. I will also try to call my bank to raise a dispute. No email or phone number to reach PayPal to explain the case and I am unable to raise another claim on the same order via PayPal. Pls need directions. Thank you

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Craig

Hi @Nar71

Welcome to the Community! 

When buyers pay with PayPal, PayPal Buyer Protection covers them in case there is a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described, we will help buyers get a full refund.

After reading through your message, it sounds like the case was opened incorrectly as unauthorized rather than for non-receipt. 

In this situation, you will need to contact us directly so we can reopen the case correctly for you. 

Please contact our Customer Support by clicking the Contact link from the footer of any PayPal page.

We will be happy to assist you further from there. 

Hopefully, this answers your question.
PayPal_Craig

Login to Me Too

Nar71
Contributor
Contributor

Hi and thank you for the reply. I am unable to find a customer support contact. All I am getting is chat with us (which I did 2 times since the incident) but no one replied even though I left messages to be sent. Otherwise Ask Community and Resolution center which I am no longer able to raise a claim on the same purchase. So how to move forward?

Today I have raised a claim via my Bank for them to investigate and assist as well.

I appreciate finding a solution.

Login to Me Too

Nar71
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Craig. So paypal rejected my request, i raised a complaint to my bank. Seller never replied although i sent several emails. I am unable to issue a complaint to paypal via any mean and therefor i believe i lost my money. Its not possible that paypal cannot protect us against fraudulent sellers! Will see what my bank has to say.
Login to Me Too

Nar71
Contributor
Contributor

HI, So I just did a purchase on eBay and received an immediate email confirmation. thats how it should be done. Till date no email confirmation on my purchase, no reply and PayPal just seems not accepting to look into my case or to protect me. what to do? Just accept the fraud and scam?

Login to Me Too

CobySchinner
New Community Member
the same has also happened to me i got scammed for £100 i was forced to send in friends and family or i would not receive my item and shortly after payment i got blocked ☹️ and i tried opening a case but the only option was unauthorized payments and i filled one but it did not get accepted im stuck and I've just lost £100
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.