Refund not happening

netnode
Contributor
Contributor

So, I buy an item on ebay from XYZ sales

By choice I pay via pay pal.

As far as I am aware, XYZ Sales is the seller and Pay Pal the payment facilitator.

At checkout there is nothing to notify me that a third party is the seller.

I then have an issue with the purchase.

I make a Pay Pal claim.

Then I discover that the seller is not XYZ sales but Ebay Commerce Australia Pty Ltd.

Pay Pal advise that they have asked for a response from the "seller Ebay Commerce Australia P/L

Ebay Commerce don't respond, the actual seller XYZ Sales advises ebay Australia to approve the refund, however, ebay Au don't tell Ebay Commerce.

You can't contact ebay commerce and Pay Pal will wait the prolonged time if no response is received.

XYZ Sales can't do anything so the buyer has to just wait a few weeks until the response time expires.

This has just happened to me, the sum is about $200 and I needed the cash back to purchase the item the original seller for no reason had returned to them.

Ebay customer care LOL, say it's pay pal's fault, pay pal say it's ebay commerce Australia and neither will contact each other to investigate the problem.

Is ebay commerce Australia a finance provider? I read they are owned by ebay but a separate company.

Who is the seller? ebay say XYZ and pay pal say Ebay commerce?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@netnode 

Ebay uses their own managed payments now, you can still use paypal to purchase BUT you are paying Ebay and Ebay then send any funds directly to the sellers bank account.

Why didn't you open an Ebay dispute, were you out of time?

Also why not contact Ebay customer services and explain what has happened, contact info is on their website. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.