Refund issuance upon returning an item

Ammar868
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

I have recently fell victim to a fraudulent seller who sold me a fake (replica) item as an original. I escalated the matter through Paypal resolution center and the seller offered a full refund. The refund is subject to me returning the item and provide an airway bill number.

My question is, what guarantees do I have that the refund will be issued once the seller receives the item? He can always claim that the item was never received or not in the "original condition" or not release the amount all together.

I am not exactly dealing with an ethical seller after all.

Thanks

Ammar

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ammar868 

If paypal have requested you return the item and given you a return address then normally you get a refund when tracking shows the item as delivered back to the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ammar868
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks, highly appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sean

Hi @Ammar868, welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

If you are offered a full refund by the seller, make sure this is PayPal telling you to send the item back first. You may be required to provide proof that you’ve sent the item to the seller. One way to show that proof is to use a carrier with online tracking. The recipient's name and address in the online tracking information must match those provided to you by PayPal through the case. For transactions involving items worth $750USD (or its equivalent in other currencies) or more, please also keep an online receipt with the recipient’s signature as proof of delivery.

It's important to meet the postage requirement for you to be eligible for Buyer Protection. If the seller demands that you deliver to an address different from the one provided by PayPal in your case, do not send to another address.

Once your tracking confirms the item is delivered back to the correct location, we will then close the case in your favour and you will be fully refunded the disputed amount.

Learn more about how to handle a PayPal dispute or claim.

I hope this helps,

- Sean

Login to Me Too

Ammar868
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Sean. As of today I recieved the proof of delivery signed by the seller. Awaiting the case closure by PayPal. Thanks Ammar
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.