Refund cancelled- case closed

Justine32
New Community Member

Good Morning all,

I had bought an item and it was never received, I paid goods and services so I opened a dispute. Shortly after opening the dispute the seller agreed to a refund and issued it.

The refund was was pending for 6 days and is now showing as 'refund cancelled'. When the seller issued the refund the case was closed automatically but now it has been cancelled I can not reopen the case nor open a new one and I am still out of pocket, what can I do?

Kind Regards 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Justine32 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rustybones
New Community Member

I have just had this happen to me. This is a disgusting failure on PayPal's part to ensure the refund process is completed. I have lost £300 after the seller cancelled the refund and the case was closed without my consent- how is this even possible PayPal??? Disgraceful. I will never use PayPal again.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rustybones 

ok, guess you don't want advice on that issue then.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wsjddds
New Community Member

same happens to me

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.