Refund but claim extended

uofaith
I ordered a package from a Chinese website and they did not ship my package until PayPal messaged them when I made a claim. PayPal gave him two weeks for them to ship my package and I receive my package after Halloween when I needed it. I’m a college student, I can’t afford to keep this package knowing I won’t be able to use it. I’ve talked to four different people on PayPal and the last person said they will refund my money. When I checked the claim, The claim was extended. I find it very unfair how I can get scammed but PayPal will still help the seller.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@uofaith 

Paypal covers you for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

They do not cover you for ''item arrived late'', so if you opened a dispute for non receipt and the item turns up BEFORE the dispute has timed out then sadly you may be out of luck.

If the claim has been extended and not closed then you may still get lucky and paypal may refund you as a goodwill gesture but nothing guaranteed as buyer protection does not cover buyer remorse unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.