Refund/Return help

Temp20230118B
Contributor
Contributor
Hello everyone, My wife purchased a Christmas gift for me through Etsy, but unfortunately it was through basically a scam store. The product was damaged, not as advertised and of very low quality. Paypal accepted my return claim as the seller doesn’t respond to any return requests. My questions are: 1. What happens if the seller doesn’t provide a return address? PayPal said they will only close the case when the item is returned. 2. What happens if I send the return back but the seller claims it never was received. It will be going to India. Even with tracking sometimes it will sit somewhere (seller won’t pick it up to keep the money) or still say it hasn’t been deliver when it has. 3. When will I receive my refund? After I prove it has been shipped with tracking or when it is received by the seller? I’m scared that I will pay for return shipping and be out the product which is around 700$ and PayPal isn’t very helpful. Thanks for any thoughts
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @ Temp20230118B,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post!

Sorry to hear about the issue with your purchase. Once you dispute the purchase and agree to return the item, you will be notified via email about the return shipping address. You can update the return shipping information in your PayPal account, our team will verify with the shipping company and decide the outcome. More information about how refunds gets credited can be found here

I hope this information helps!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.