Refund Dispute

taufeeq91
New Community Member

I made two transactions on eBay using paypal account on 11 May 2021. After few minutes I got confirmation mail from ebay that both orders got cancelled.

Then I went to pay pal help center and asked them to issue refund for both the transactions. They asked me to wait till 31 May 2021 and if the sellers doesn't responds then case will be closed in your favor.  On 18 May 2021 paypal issued refund of one transaction which was of $49.90 and with words saying case closed in buyers favor. Here comes the twist. I expected that refund of my second transaction which was of $171.38 will be issued in same way. I waited till 31 May 2021 and then got mail from paypal that since buyer didn't escalated the claim , case closed in favor of seller and buyer cannot reopen case.

Now tell me where is paypal protection, seller didn't shipped the product, seller got the payment and buyer lost his money and time. Is this called protection when paypal already know that eBay has cancelled the order and seller won't ship the product. It's a pure loss in buyer side.

I want someone to step-in and help me in resolving this issue.

Paypal Case ID PP-D-112501138

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@taufeeq91 

They would not have told you to wait until the 31st, they would have said that you have up to the 31st ie you have 20 days to escalate the dispute to a claim for paypal to get involved, sadly you didn't so it timed out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.