Recently sold £600 worth of bitcoin. And got charged back after sending currency

CzarPup
Contributor
Contributor

After using localcryptos (A trusted service I've used multiple times to transact crypto) To find a paypal buyer for my cryptocurrency I begun a transaction of around £600 of cryptocurrency in bitcoin. After receiving the payment on my end and releasing the btc from escrow I received an email that a dispute has been made to get their funds back? If they win this case will I be left with a negative balance and forced to pay for what a scammer as done?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Iris

Hello @CzarPup,

Welcome to PayPal Community! I understand that you are concerned with a dispute filed against you. I know this can be concerning and I will do my best to assist. Typically, when a dispute is filed, you will receive an email notification with more details. If additional action or information is required, the email will include a specific date to have this information submitted. Once all information is received, the case will be investigated and you will receive an update notification when an outcome has been decided. If you have additional questions regarding Seller Protection with disputes, please visit:

What is the PayPal Seller Protection Policy and what items aren’t covered?

I hope this helps! 

Iris
If you find this post helpful, feel free to provide kudos or accept a post as a solution to help make our community better.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.