Receiving

Aug01
Contributor
Contributor
I have been speaking to someone that wants to send me money for a month now that is asking for itunes vouchersof 200$ to receive 5000? Weekly payments. Does not sound right to me to be having to send money when they are willing willing to give ? But say the iTunes card is linked to there company account and in there country they need tht voucher to complete the sending of the money and it immediately gets deposited into my PayPal. I have not ever had a paypal or know how to use to its new to me even making one? Im totally confused because I got to actually know this person 😅 but don't believe for some odd reason. I am actually starting to ow because of the videos and prof he has send me of the people he helps outqith money. What throws me off is he is willing to give money but paypal is wanting vouchers to clear the payment.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aug01 

Total 100% scam, paypal never tell sellers to pay anything upfront to receive payments from within or outside of their country.

Any fee is auto deducted by paypal before the remainder is at the same time credited to your paypal balance.

Paypal certainly do not get involved in gift vouchers or any other rival payment processors.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Aug01
Contributor
Contributor
I get charges on every transaction Less or big I’m using a company business account  and I linked it with a iTunes voucher card  to sort our additional bank charges on any transaction to PayPal.... can look it up yourself what I’m I gonna gain from lying to you or scamming you I’m only using the card value to sort out the transaction fees and you have your payment instantly as I explain to you in our previous chat That is what he last said.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aug01 

I've said its a scam, if you don't want to take my advice or don't believe me then you must make up your own mind.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bekah_b
New Community Member
This exact same thing is happening to me, down to the voucher cards, "linked to company account", "video proof" and even they even gave me the same line " what do I gain from lying to you" I'm glad I didn't buy into it because it's clear now it's scam. Don't trust it.
Login to Me Too

Lopsy

It's sounds like a complete scam, a while back there were loads of emails asking for you to pay 1000 dollars so a guy in a an African country can pay the tax on there million dollar inheritance,and when they've received there millions your be paid back. There's an old saying.IF IT'S SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE....THEN IT PROBABLY IS..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.