Receiving email regarding a 'disused account' even thought the account is active and used regularly

alexbrora
Contributor
Contributor

We have received some emails regarding a 'disused account' even thought the account is active and used regularly.

The email contains some links which we have not activated -  however, when we access the account and its message section, the email does not appear in any historic record of emails sent to us by PayPal. Is it a genuine email? What follows is a cut-and-paste of some of the email:

Action required on your PayPal account

Use your account to avoid an inactivity service fee

Frequently asked questions relating to accessing your account

In order to avoid this inactivity service fee, you can take any of the below actions:

1. Log in to your account
  2. Shop wherever PayPal is accepted
  3. Send money to friends & family, or vendors for goods & service
  4. Withdraw money from your account
  5. Donate to a charity with your account

Activate Your Account

What can I do If I can't log in to my PayPal account

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Iris

Hello @alexbrora,

Welcome to PayPal Community! I understand that you may be having issues identifying if an email is legitimately from PayPal. I know this can be concerning. Typically, all of the fees PayPal charges will be found at the bottom of your PayPal page by clicking on 'Fees'. You can also find more details of how to report a fraudulent email here:

How do I spot and report a fake, fraudulent, or phishing PayPal email or website?

Additionally, if you have issues logging in to your account, it would be best to have you contact PayPal directly. You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact and then Message Us (when available) at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message.  

Message Us

Twitter Direct Message

Facebook Instant Message

I hope this helps! 

Iris
If you find this post helpful, feel free to provide kudos or accept a post as a solution to help make our community better.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.