Received an invoice and I have no idea what it's for

KiritoFL
Contributor
Contributor

I received a random invoice today for something that I supposedly ordered, and says payment due tomorrow 5/11. I don't see any cancel, reject, or mark as spam buttons on the invoice screen, should I be worried that funds might be automatically withdrawn from any of my payment sources? What can I do to get this fake invoice removed from my account?

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

BennyB2022

I got the same thing...$199 from Chad [removed] that was sent today on 5-10 and fake due on 5-11. 

Just ignore. Can't imagine PayPal would ever automatically remove funds without permission. Thre are typos and formatting issues all over the invoice. It even says at the very bottom Terms and Conditions: "Don�t Pay If You Not Orderd" 

I would just like the ability to delete it in my dashboard but there doesn't appear to be a way to do so.

Ben

Login to Me Too

KiritoFL
Contributor
Contributor

Funny... the one I got today was from the same name Chad [removed]. Mine was for $175 and some change. 

Login to Me Too

Teresac123
New Community Member

i have the same issue. I called paypal and they told me to cancel however when I the invoice states no longer available.  So I am going to watch and see what happens as I have alerted them that this is not my invoice.

Login to Me Too

KiritoFL
Contributor
Contributor

@Teresac123 I can't find how to cancel it, where is that option?

Login to Me Too

BennyB2022

I finally found it. In the top nav of your account, there's an "Activity" link, click that and then you'll then see the fake invoice with a "Pay Invoice" and a "Cancel" - definitely don't click Pay Invoice though. 🙂

Login to Me Too

KiritoFL
Contributor
Contributor

@BennyB2022 Thank you!!! I've never had to cancel an invoice before and I couldn't find anything to do this. I attached a nice little note under the cancel form, I really hope they see what I wrote 🤣

Login to Me Too

BennyB2022

haha. I was just about to cancel mine as well. When you hit that cancel button, did it remove the spammy invoice from your dashboard/opening login screen? I just don't want to stare at the stupid thing. 🙂

Login to Me Too

KiritoFL
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately it's still sitting on my dashboard, but looks like this now:

Screenshot 2022-05-10 145101.png

Login to Me Too

BennyB2022

Ah - ok. Well, at least it's better than staying up there like it's something that's owed. 

I wonder if it will disappear tomorrow. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.