Question Regarding Payment for Long Term Rental

haseeb19
Contributor
Contributor

Good Morning,

I am in the process of booking a rental with a landlord for 1 month. She has requested that I pay a $500 security deposit and then the full amount of the rent payment ($5000) 1 month prior to moving in. If I payed through paypal would I be covered under buyer protection?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@haseeb19 

1. Depends how you paid.

2. Depends how you funded it.

3. Also depends on many factors all listed in Paypals buyer protection policy for you to read so you can risk assess your transactions.
Legal (bottom right of Paypals pages) > user agreement > buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

haseeb19
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have any recommendation on how I should pay? I haven't actually payed yet, I was planning on using my Chase Sapphire card to pay the funds through Paypal. Essentially the lady owns a condo in San Diego and I am renting it for a month.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Callie

Hi @haseeb19

I can understand having some additional questions. @kernowlass is correct that it can depend on how you plan to pay and shared some great resources to review prior to sending a payment. Since you are getting a service, you will want to make sure you send the payment as Goods and Services to ensure you are eligible for Purchase Protection. Paying with a card can add some extra security as well but the good news is that no one will see your financial details when you pay through PayPal. 

Hope that helps! 

- Callie 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.