Purchase not able to be shipped due to Pandemic/Refund

solosoullv
Contributor
Contributor

I recently ordered an item. I tracked the shipment and they are saying they cannot and will not ship due to pandemic limitations. I am wanting a refund but that merchant's emails addresses are not valid what can I do? I paid with a Mastercard.

I then asked for help thru Paypal and they are saying no such record what is going on!!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@solosoullv 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and didn't log into your Paypal account then of course it won't show on that Paypal account because you bought as a guest buyer.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

You don't have Paypal buyer protection cover as a guest buyer but you can contact customer services and they may be able to assist you by reaching out to the seller for you.
So If you need help for a guest buyer transaction then you can;

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will help you.
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

solosoullv
Contributor
Contributor

Hello 

Thank you for your thoughts.

A few issues, I made the purchase then I was asked to be a part of the Paypal system after the fact. 

Regardless of that, why is this product allowed to be advertised knowing of shipping issues to start with. They have my cash, I am disappointed, and now they tell me it can't be shipped. The whole thing is what brings folks in not trusting online purchases and companies that facilitate the whole scam. Call me old school but I trust a man's handshake more than a system that has no morals!

Raymond

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@solosoullv 

Well you chose the seller and you bought the item from that seller so maybe a bit of due dilligence first before you commit to buy as to how reliable the seller / website is before you go ahead?

Paypal can't check every seller and website in 200 countries worldwide for you to see if they are going to ship your item after you have ordered it, so they give you 'some' buyer protection and then its up to you to risk assess your own transactions. You also need to actually read the small section on buyer protection to see how and when you are and are not covered, its not a 100% guarantee of protection.

If you paid via a mastercard then contact your card issuer? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.