Purchase Protection doesn’t apply for this payment

Smuz
Contributor
Contributor
I’m trying to purchase bike parts from a forum and I’m unable to choose Goods & Services. It says, “Purchase Protection doesn’t apply for this payment.” Why is that? I’m located in the US and assume the seller is as well.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Smuz 

It seems as though you didn’t click Change or need to click Change to select goods and services. 🤦🏻

38A4045D-6459-484B-A439-029A1931F3DF.jpeg

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Smuz
Contributor
Contributor
The option to change to Goods & Services isn’t there.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi everyone! Thanks for visiting the PayPal Community Forum. Thank you @sharpiemarker for your help getting a resolution started on this one. We really appreciate all the help you provide. 

@Smuz, I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues sending funds with PayPal's Purchase Protection. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache and history or tried from a different device? You should normally see the option to change your payment type to "Sending as Goods and Services" after that. If you still do not see that option, please reach out to our Customer Support teams for further assistance. 

Good luck with this and future transactions!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.