Provide Photo ID?? Help please

Xenomic
Contributor
Contributor

So, I recently got an email stating that I needed to provide Photo ID in order to restore my account, due to "potentially risky" activity, of which I've never had an issue with in all the time I've used this site. Why is this a thing that is suddenly happening, and is there no other option? I would much rather not upload any personal information or photos to sites if need be, and I would like to continue using this site, but I cannot due to this....

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Xenomic 

By law PayPal has to “know their customer” to collect this info from customers to verify their identity through the Customer Identification Program (CIP). If you don’t want to provide this info, you won’t be able to close account or even use your account until the limitation is resolved. As long as you provide the ID through the Resolution Center, it should be fine. Other payment processors do this as well.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Xenomic
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I suppose I'll just try with this ID then (I don't have a Driver's License, so a temporary driver's license is the next best thing I can do...). I hope that this is good enough because I don't have any passports nor National ID (what even is that???), and I would really REALLY hate to be locked out of my account over something that I cannot do anything about....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.