Problem with phishing reports

sgoff61
Contributor
Contributor

Suspicious emails that are forwarded to phishing@paypal.com are being returned as undeliverable because they are being rejected by the PayPal server. Does anyone know of another email address where I can report the problem?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @sgoff61,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know that the email is not getting delivered. As you mentioned, yes it could be a server error which might be the reason the sent emails are being rejected. This is the only email address [phishing@paypal.com] to report suspicious emails or websites. In this situation, I would recommend you try again to forward the email. We’ll investigate it for you. 

You can learn more about recognizing and preventing fraudulent activity here:

Good Luck,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

sgoff61
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, I was looking for an email address to report the fact that the reports were being rejected, not a different address to report the phishing attempt.  I forwarded both the suspicious email and the email stating that the reports were being rejected many times over the course of three days (wasting an inordinate amount of time and energy) before I finally gave up and permanently deleted it, so now it is impossible for me to try again.  I hope that it really is investigated and resolved because I have always reported every suspicious email I have received but, if this happens again the next time I receive one, I won't bother wasting my time in the future.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @sgoff61,

I understand how upsetting that must be. Please reach out to our team through the available contact options at the bottom of PayPal page or message us through our Twitter or Facebook pages to get this error checked.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.