Problem with Amazon/Fraud/Bilemete

ralelo
New Community Member

I placed an order for 2 chairs on this website on June 9 2021 - bilemete

I didn't receive a confirmation from the company stating the order was received after placing it so I cancelled the order the next morning & filed a suspected fraud claim with PayPal. They advised they would wait 11 days for the seller to respond & then refund my money. I received a UPS delivery tracking number a couple of weeks later. The order never arrived so I contacted UPS with the tracking address to see where it was delivered. They advised the tracking number was generated through an Amazon account & there was no delivery address linked with the account. PayPal then advised me I would not be refunded my money because the company did provide a tracking number. I always thought purchases secure through PayPal, but apparently not. Any advice? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ralelo 

Paypal securely processes your payments to your chosen seller and keeps your financial and personal information securely confidential.

They also give you 'some' buyer protection but its up to you to risk assess your transactions as paypal do not guarantee you a refund or  100% buyer protection.

They are the middleman and give some seller and some buyer protection.

So as paypals non receipt of item dispute is mostly automated, tracking proves delivery = seller wins, you now have to do some work yourself so paypal can assist you in getting a refund from your chosen seller.

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ghe2
New Community Member

On 11 July 2021 I purchased a Siemens FS140 surge protector advertised for sale on the website Bilemete.com. I thought it a bit odd that a site selling trendy women's clothing would be selling such an item, but the price ($89.96) was too good to pass up. And besides, my purchase was protected by paypal. After I paid the $$ I never received an invoice or acknowledgement of the transaction. I also noticed next day that that item was no longer listed for sale on their website. Smelling a rat I tried contacting them only to find their phone not in service and all emails returned as undeliverable. I then filed a dispute with paypal. I never received a response from the seller, but, to my surprise, within 2 days Paypal found in favor of Bilemete.com because they provided Paypal with "proof of delivery" via a USPS tracking number showing the item was delivered 15 July 2021. Never having received the item, I checked the USPS tracking site and found it did not list my actual street address, only that something had been delivered by USPS somewhere in my city on 15 July 2021. So back on the phone with Paypal to appeal their decision. I spoke to an awesome rep & told him the story. He immediately contacted USPS and found that indeed a parcel HAD been delivered bearing that tracking number, but it was NOT delivered to MY street address! He explained what scammers sometimes do is get a tracking number off a 3rd party website showing a package was recently delivered
in the target area (city / state) to give the appearance that the package had been delivered when in fact it had not. Cute little scam! When the paypal rep saw that he reversed their decision and said I would see a full refund, which I did receive. Bottom line: if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. A great big THANK YOU to PAYPAL for getting my money back! And last but not least, if you're thinking about buying from Bilemete.com, you might wish to give my experience serious consideration. CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Login to Me Too

pblanton
New Community Member

The same thing happened to me. I was looking for a powered augur and found an ad for a new one on Offer Up. I followed the link to Bilemete.com and they were selling the item I wanted for less than half of its retail price. All of their items are priced at around, or less than $100. I believe this is to sidestep greater penalties for their scams and to prevent people from going to great lengths to dispute the purchase because it was only $100.

I ordered the powered augur and it never showed up. I also never got a confirmation email. The total was $98.99, but they charged my credit card $113.45 via PayPal. I sent them a few emails for a status update and received no responses. Finally, twelve days after placing the order, I called PayPal and disputed the charge. Part of PayPal's dispute process is to contact the seller and ask for their explanation. The next day I got a PayPal notification that the seller had responded with a UPS tracking number. The tracking information didn't have my address, and was missing all of the intermediate steps in a normal shipment, like arrival and departure scans from the various stops along the way. It had three entries, "Label Created", "Out for Delivery". and "Delivered".

I also noticed that the item wasn't searchable on their website. When I searched for it, it was not found, but when I followed the original link, it was still there and showed to still be available for purchase.

I called PayPal again and explained the fraudulent tracking information that Bilemete sent. They found in my favor and are refunding my payment.

Bilemete is a scam site straight up. I don't think they ever bother to actually ship any items. I think they spend all their time placing ads for things on sites like Craigslist and OfferUp, then duck and dodge hoping people will forget they placed an order, or give up trying to dispute a charge. AVOID BILEMETE! PayPal should cut them off immediately!

Login to Me Too

AdrianSmith19
New Community Member
Same as everyone here. I ordered a hedge trimmer from this site and never received a confirmation email and their customer service was unresponsive. I have reported this fraud to pay pal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.