Possible scam

Alancantu07
Contributor
Contributor

I’m currently going to sell an item for 450$ but guy is asking for an eBay giftcard for the amount of 400$ and wants to add some more money as a good act. Im pretty sure this is some sort of scam. My question is if their really is some scam and if i can still be eligible for sellers protection.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

Buyer may be running two scams . One, buy and not pay. Then also running the "get more back" scam as well.

If "free money" for  you (ha-ha), tell buyer to add to payment up-front and save time and money. Buyer will "poof"....

If buyer still offers to buy, then make sure you get buyer's signature as proof of delivery. Do NOT have pkg dropped off without a signature. No buyer's signature at delivery = no delivery.

Login to Me Too

TEMP211120a
New Community Member
Hi there I saw your post and want to reach out to you to please be cautious about preceding with this at all but if you do please know that if you purchase any kind of giftcard that they are all nonrefundable for one but most importantly if you purchase and give anyone else the info required to use it there is absolutely zero protection for you after that period. I promise you I am 100% definitely giving you correct info that I know from previous experience. I sincerely wish you the best and hope this helps you!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alancantu07 

Yep scam, they only want the gift card and will send you fake paypal emails saying that they had paid (they won't have paid) and that you have to provide the gift card number before funds are released = SCAM.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.