Possible fraud

Florinovidiu
New Community Member
Hello, I have sold an item on another app and the buyer asked to pay for it thru paypall witch i agreed.he asked for my bank account and name so that he can make the transaction and after that i got 2 emails from paypall,in the first one i was advised about the transaction an amount for the item itself and an amount for the shipping.the second email i had from paypall gave me 3 links where i was supposed to buy crypto to pay for the transport something that the buyer should do. My question is this: Is this the way paypall works ?it is legal and safe to proceed? Please let me know.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Florinovidiu 

You are being scammed, the whole point of paypal is to keep your bank and card information confidential.

You have just given your bank details to a scammer???

Secondly you do not send money to pay for a courier BEFORE being paid, no funds in  your paypal balance = you have NOT been paid.

Paypal would also NEVER tell you to send money using a rival payment processor ie western union, bitcoin, moneygram etc etc.

You are receiving fake scam paypal emails, do not proceed any further and let your bank know what has happened.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Florinovidiu 

You are being scammed, the whole point of paypal is to keep your bank and card information confidential.

You have just given your bank details to a scammer???

Secondly you do not send money to pay for a courier BEFORE being paid, no funds in  your paypal balance = you have NOT been paid.

Paypal would also NEVER tell you to send money using a rival payment processor ie western union, bitcoin, moneygram etc etc.

You are receiving fake scam paypal emails, do not proceed any further and let your bank know what has happened.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.