Please help me :(

Aewan
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed by Paypal. I purchased the product on eBay, but the eBay seller told me that his ID was hacked. I immediately tried to file a complaint with my PayPal account. However, there was a post saying that someone had already filed a complaint and it was processed.  I never complained. That means that my ID may also have been hacked, and I tried to file a new issue, but 

Describe the problem in more detail
Select the option that best applies to your subscription issue.
No options to choose from
Select an issue to continue

Why is there no choice? I don?t know what to do...

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aewan 

Why are you accusing paypal of scamming you just because you can't find the correct dispute option and an ebay seller was hacked? Why are paypal at fault?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Aewan
Contributor
Contributor

Because the fraudster applied for a dispute with my PayPal ID and withdrew it himself. Why do I say that the problem has already been resolved when I have not filed a dispute or received the goods?
And the account is a business account, and the payment was made without receiving any options when I paid.
Anyway the problem is that the account I paid for is a scammer's account and the scam was done through PayPal and the scammer still can use the account without even considering looking into it, isn't this situation PayPal's fault?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @Aewan

I am sorry to read about what has happened to you. I would firstly run a full virus scan on the device you are using to ensure there is nothing on there. Once you have done this, please change your password on your PayPal account. Be sure to keep it different from any other passwords and something that not even your closest friend would guess. In regard to the options you are getting. We do have set options that cover things we get most often however it would be impossible for us to have options for every eventuality.  It would be best to contact us directly so we can go through this with you and note down what has happened and review your account. 

There are a number of ways to contact us. You can contact us via the "help and contact" link on your PayPal account which will give you the option to call us or contact us via our chat bot. You can also contact us via our social media channels on Twitter and Facebook

Please do come back and let us know how you get on as it may help other members, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Aewan
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for your reply. What should I do in this case when I can no longer file a dispute over the fraudulent transaction. The fraudster has already filed for my dispute and closed it, so the dispute can no longer be filed with the same content. I can't try to call often because I'm working during PayPal business hours. If I call when I have time, no one answers the phone even if I wait for 30 minutes...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aewan 

You were given other options than calling in the moderators reply.

You need to contact customer services, you can't open another dispute yourself.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.