Phishing invoices are becoming more than annoying

StoneyPA
Contributor
Contributor

I find it ridiculous that we're unable to reject/delete/cancel these fraudulent phishing invoices from these lowlifes.  After trying to "Report an issue" and selecting the transaction on any of these attempts, it only results in a ridiculous "Unable to complete your request. We’re sorry, you can’t file a case on this type of transaction."  Excuse me, this is bull.  Why does this option not work?  Does "Report an issue" do anything for anyone???

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

RayM3
Contributor
Contributor

I also received a fraudulent invoice today, and was able to cancel it following the advice of another user who posted here. Simply open the fraudulent invoice in your PayPal account, click on the address bar at the top of the page, and add the following to the end of the address:

?action=cancel

This allowed me to cancel the invoice. I also tried to "report an issue" and received the same response as you. Absolutely ridiculous! It appears as though PayPal doesn't recognize it as an issue simply because no money was actually sent. However, clearly the account the invoice is coming from needs to be shut down. Makes my blood boil!!

Login to Me Too

ItsKaito
Contributor
Contributor

I also had one like that but my issue is when you click on the invoice it just says "This invoice is no longer available" so now I have no clue what to do.

Login to Me Too

Baccus56
New Community Member

How do I open it other than by clicking PAY NOW? I am not sure I want to click on PAY NOW to add ?action=cancel to the address bar.

Login to Me Too

primaryp
New Community Member

Thanks so much for this simple solution! Invoice cancelled 🙂 Hopefully I'll stop getting all the reminder-to-pay emails from paypal now.

Can anyone explain why there isn't a button on paypal to achieve the same thing as '?action=cancel' 

Login to Me Too

FawnB73
New Community Member

This actually DOES work, just tried it.  Thank you for posting!

Login to Me Too

CaptainCameron
Contributor
Contributor

Same for me. 3 fraudulent invoices attempted with NO RESOLUTION. 0.99 tryiung to process $1,199 iPhone purchase. FRAUD - AND now I cannot remove my valuable credit card!!! So what do I do now?? Stop and reissue my credit card? $60,000 limit@! Come on PAYPAL fix this. As a PayPal shareholder, I am very concerned. Might have to report this to SEC.

Login to Me Too

Mynhar2766
New Community Member
I got one for 799.00 from a robertLLC. ? I GOT THE SAME RESPONSE!! Will we be held liable? What can I do?
Login to Me Too

Tmpe01

Yes, they are annoying! The only thing you can do is call PayPal directly. Do NOT under any circumstances call the phone number at the bottom of the invoice. They will want you in front of your computer to unwittingly try to install malware on your computer so they get all your passwords and user ids. I received a phishing invoice from Rahul [Removed] for $499.30 for Bitcoin - this scammy spammy moron thinks I'm unintelligent. I don't deal in Bitcoin at all, the DMFI. I just called Paypal customer service, verified my account, and reported it to them. They could see the scammer's attempt. If enough people call they will eventually block the spammers' account. Also, please be sure you are updating and changing your passwords with strong passwords. All your information is out there on the public and the dark web sold & resold from US companies' security breaches.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.