Personal Account Issues

99bmartin99
Contributor
Contributor

Before I start, I would like to inform The Community and PayPal that My Account Is A Personal account And I Have Never Sold or Accepted A Payment From Anyone On My PayPal. My Brother Sent Me Money Through friends and family So That I could pay a few bills that were past due,After I Received The Money, I Called PayPal And Asked For The Funds To Be Sent to me via paper check, The Representative Told Me That I Would Have To Request A Paper Check. So I waited A few days and then Before I tried to Request a check decided to donate $10 dollars to wounded veterans Through PayPal giving fund. After the donation My account was limited I promptly submitted the documents and waited. After waiting I checked my account to see if paypal fixed the issue and To My surprise my account was permanently limited. In PayPal's Terms And Conditions Any Unrestricted Funds Will Be Made Available For Withdrawal Upon PayPal Limiting Or Suspending their services. Also In PayPal Terms And Conditions PayPal States That A Risk Based Hold May Be Placed On A Payment To Prevent Charge Backs Or Reversals. Since The Funds In My Account Were Not Obtained From A Payment,But Were (Sent) To Me From My Family Makes Any Risk-based Payment Hold Invalid. Also The Funds In My Balance Are Marked Unrestricted. PayPal's Decision To Prevent Me From Withdrawing My Unrestricted Funds Is consumer fraud, breach of contract and violation of the laws governing the electronic transfer of money, Which I Was Made Aware Of By A Attorney I Asked To Look Over My Account To See If PayPal Was Violating My Rights Or Any Laws. Apon Researching I Have Found Out That Currently PayPal Has Multiple Class Action Lawsuits They lost in court over actions PayPal Made. A federal judge has granted final approval of a $4 million settlement between PayPal and its users over unexplained account closures. Senior U.S. District Judge Saundra <removed> approved the settlement in a sprawling 46-page order issued Friday. In Comb, PayPal agreed to pay $9.25 million to users whose accounts it froze without explanation due to suspicious activity. So This Is Valid Proof That PayPal Has Violated Laws And Breached Contract On Multiple Occasions. I Personally Contacted My State Congressman Garrett <removed>, Clay <removed>, Troy <removed>, Mike <removed>And Steve <removed>And Reported The Illegal Actions Regarding PayPal's Decision To Hold Unrestricted Funds In My Account and Their Invalid Holds And Limitations Placed On My Account. I Would Like To Settle This Matter Out Of Court, But If PayPal Won't Agree To Release My Funds And Continues To Respond With Arrogant Answers, I will Sue PayPal And Report PayPal's Illegal Activities To The Federal Consumer Trade Commission.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@99bmartin99 

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

99bmartin99
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@99bmartin99 

Well basically you said paypal have limited your account so you are going to sue them.

ok then, sadly nothing we can do about it or advise, go ahead if you wish to.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

99bmartin99
Contributor
Contributor
Incorrect. Breach of contract. Violation of federal laws on money transfer. Violation of state laws on consumer Financial Protection. But that's OK that you didn't know that.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@99bmartin99 

Try actually reading my post, i said as you were going to sue them then nothing else we on here can advise !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.