Permanently account limitation after receiving two very small transaction from random people

just_mo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello community,

tonight my account got permanently limited without me doing anything. I received two very small amounts in the last 6 days and after the second one my account was limited. But here is a little timeline of the email subjects that I got from paypal for a better understanding what happened:

May 24, 11:13 pm: You've got money

A person that I don't know send me $0.04 CAD (The fee was the same amount so I didn't even get any money).

May 24, 11:13 pm: Your funds are on hold - here's what to do
PayPal send me an email that my funds are on hold for 21 days because I'm a new seller. I haven't sold anything.

May 30, 2:47 am: Payment received from ...
I got a second email today that told me that I received $0.34 CAD from another unknown person.

May 30, 2:47 am: You can no longer do business with PayPal (Ref ID)
At the same time I got another email saying that I no longer can use PayPal as they found potential risk associated with my account.

I only use paypal for some purchases once in a while and it is linked to my Apple account. How can I get rid of the limitation and save my account from that happening again?

The Resolution Centre didn't help.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_paula

Hi @just_mo

I do regret to hear what has happened with your account. It does seem strange that you would be receiving these random small payments in to your account if you have not sold anything. If we have made a decision to permanently limited your account then this would mean it is a final decision. We do review everything on the account and do not make these decision lightly. You may want to consider finding another payment processor for your online payments. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

just_mo
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. But I can’t believe that this it now. To me it looks like it was a bot because the email addresses look very similar.[Removed]. I’m very surprised that PayPal has no better way to handle such a situation rather then shutting an account down. I would understand if it would’ve been thousands of dollars but $0.04 and $0.34?! I still hope that there is a way to get the limitation off my account or at least make sure that I can use my credit card again with a new account.

Login to Me Too

e-t-f-z
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing happen to me, I was permanently limited for receiving money from people in my contacts.

I got no solid response to my post and when I went to check their message bot. It told me that I was only capable of speaking with staff on a damn Friday. 

Login to Me Too

absolutevitalik
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.