Permanently Limiting Account for No Reason

jln314
New Community Member

I made a purchase using my PayPal account last night, everything went through fine. This morning,  I woke up to a .40 cent payment, that occurred right after the purchase I made last night according to the time stamp,and my account was permanently banned. I did not request a payment from anyone and I am not a business account, only personal. I know I did not do anything wrong, my cards have never been declined, I am not a seller at all, I didn't even request this money (who requests .40 cents?!) I spoke with PayPal today and they are reviewing it. 

How long will it be until I get my account reinstated and how did this happen? What can be done to avoid this in the future?

It seems like this has happened to multiple people over the past 2 days according to the key term search. It seems like there may be an issue.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jln314 

Yes, there was another similar case I read last night with these small amount refunds/payments to buyer after a purchase. PayPal permanently limits an account to stop and/or protect themselves and the affected account from suspicious, disruptive activity such as this. Looks like you contacted customer service already about it and unfortunately there’s no telling when it will be resolved with these type of situations. Hopefully it will be soon.

The reality is that it’s all zeros and ones, written code/programming. I doubt there’s anyway to stop it from happening. People sit and with time can develop code to do anything. Try to keep buying online to a minimum. The net’s been around for 20+ years, it’s not so innocent anymore.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.