Permanent limitation after transfering money from my other Paypal account

jpacle25
New Community Member

Hello. I hope someone can help. I tried the message center but got no response. Calling the paypal phone number is also a dead end - one time password does not work and the AI can't even find the account associated to the phone number i give.

Anyway to give you information about my problem:

I withrdrew money from my stock trading account eToro worth 3,495 USD to my main PayPal account. This is for my daughter's school tuition which is due on April. But I had issues withdrawing it from there, so instead I transfered the money to my second PayPal account which I just converted to a business account last month. And since that account was a newly created business account, the money was put on hold because I haven't completed/submitted professional business license. So I panicked and contacted customer support. The agent was helpful and assured me that they will do their best to lift the temporary hold and release the money. But this morning I received an email saying that the account has been permanently limited and that the money will be available only after 180 days - that's 6 months! I need the money before April.

Also note that my business is not even setup yet. I'm just in the process of setting up a website and doing a business registration.

I hope someone can point me to the right direction or to the right person within PayPal.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jpacle25 

Hard to advise when you don't say which country you are in however  >>>

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.