Permanent account limited

Dulcedddd
Contributor
Contributor

I WILL COPY AND PASTE MY MESSAGE IN PAYPAL. I have concern. Hello! I use this account, this is my mother PayPal account but i am here to ask for help and tell my concern. Because my account doesn't show up customer service or where can i reach someone for help. My paypal account name: Lhea [removed] [removed] This is the subject of the email i received. You can no longer use PayPal (Ref ID - PP-L-388818919459) I'm so frustrated right now, i hope you can help me. For the long story short, i try to change my paypal name under my father's name. It says after a business days they will let me know, but 4 days after still no respond. I chat with a live agent and after that i got an email, before that. I told the live agent that help me to cancel my request to change my name. But i guess it's too late. Now this is what i received from paypal. I'm not phishing account or so on, I'm lack of knowledge about that i violate something that leads to permanently limit my account. Since i try to change my paypal name to my father's name and of course it didn't match, they permanently limited my account. I want to ask for 2 things. 1. Help me to recover my paypal, let me use it again, and remove the “permanently limit your account.”but if is doesn't work, this is the other. OR 2. Help me AT LEAST change my email address there, i want to use my second email address, so i can use again that email address when I'm creating a new paypal account. And i still have funds/balance left. Let me transfer it to my new paypal account (remove for a while the permanently limit or can you do it for me, your the one who will do transfer my remaining funds on my new account. It's not that big but still it's a money/fund.) I can't transfer or receive money. I'm super bothered right now, I'm anxious and I'm overthinking it. It's so frustrating, my patience is thin. I'm using my mother's paypal account so i can contact/chat with the live agent. My contact in my paypal doesn't work. I know it's my fault due to my ignorance but please help me. Let me know you answer ASAP, hopefully. 1. Help me to give me another chance and remove the permanent limit in my account. Or 2. Help me to transfer my funds and change my email address before i closed that account.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_paula

Hi @Dulcedddd

Welcome to the PayPal community. We are always happy to have new members. 

It sounds like you might have opened your account using an incorrect name or you were under the age of 18 when you signed up. If this is the case then it would mean that you incorrectly signed our user agreement and it is not valid. When this happens on an account the account will be permanently limited. You would not be given the option to change it to someone elses name. If there are funds in this account then they would generally be held for 180 days unless otherwise stated. 

If you are over the age of 18 and there was no other issues on your account then you will be given the option to open a new account however you would need to use a different email address as your other email address will remain on the limited account. 

I hope this helps answer some of your questions, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

scandinaviapowe
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem few day ago I little changed name and it was ok, now i have permanent ban, I do not know why name is important because If I saw lot of clients paypal account names 90% of them are not original his name and so on. I have lot of money on account but I do not know why 180 day? it is so long time, they can delete my account it doesnt matter but I want money which are in account.

Login to Me Too

Dulcedddd
Contributor
Contributor

Is there's no other way? 180 days is too long, help me to transfer my funds. 

Login to Me Too

scandinaviapowe
Contributor
Contributor

yes it is not correct from paypal hold this long time. And they can not send you evidence what you make wrong. They copy all of their policy and therms and conditions. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dulcedddd wrote:

Is there's no other way? 180 days is too long, help me to transfer my funds. 

It’s 180 days because that’s how long senders/buyers have to open PayPal dispute or credit card chargebacks. PayPal wants the funds to be available for any refunds in case someone files a case against you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.