Permanent BAN / limited account.

ycharb
Contributor
Contributor

Got a permanent ban / limitation and account blocked or terminated without any good reasons..

I've had an account for YEARS, in good standing,etc. Never had a problem.

I've sent quite a bit of money back in late 2017 to a few people for a project.

They sent me that thorough identity confirmation process to keep going.

Submitted all documents, all were accepted, except the proof of identity was rejected multiple times.

The document they ask doesn't exist with the date of birth on it, in Quebec, Canada.

And I believe some other people around the world have been having trouble with this process as well.

After trying to contact them by e-mail, without any responses, I called.

They said that my account was terminated.

I asked to get access to my money in the account and I got it transfered to my bank not long after, no problem there.

I also asked what I need to do to keep using PayPal.

"I have to create a new account?" The girl on the phone said yes.

I did, now this account not long after sending and receiving some money, got permanently limited.

I cannot use PayPal anymore, ever, for the rest of my life.

I called twice so far.. no specific reason given, other than "business decision".

People on the phone being rude. Unheplful.

I feel like I'm being treated as a criminal or a scammer?

PayPal is just a great service and useful. And I need it to receive money for business and personal matters.

What have you become?

All this process was caused ENTERILY by PayPal itself, revoking access to some people, almost at random, to their services.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here.

I don't know if anyone got out of this mess and had success getting access to their service again.

Please. Help.

Login to Me Too
211 REPLIES 211

PatriciaVi
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having a whooping sum of $1900 in my account and PayPal just decides to close down my account after providing all necessary documents. I'm switching to cash app and I'll sue the hell out of PayPal
Login to Me Too

Temp20221020J

I am with you.  I have no idea what the hell is going on but I had about $1900 in my balance.  I have been saving it to make a large purchase.  I have been selling a lot of things on ebay and facebook due to the quarantined and making room.  I have sent every item out I have sold and should not have any complaints.  However, I wake up this morning to emails telling me I have been permanently suspended from PayPal and I will have to wait for 180 days to have my money transferred.  I honestly have no idea what I did wrong as 99% of the transactions were ebay, maybe 5 or 6 via facebook which I instructed people to pay Goods and Services.  The fact that you have to use messenger due to COVID19 and the fact you cannot get an answer is complete BS.  

It sucks bad enough I have to wait for 180 days to transfer my money...however, it sucks even worse that I will no the able to use PayPal.  I use ebay a lot and now I cannot.  

Guess I need to find a way to use another form of payment for ebay.  

Login to Me Too

talons123456
New Community Member

they've banned me. paypals a bunch of **bleep** mother **bleep**ing scammers

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me yesterday morning. Selling stuff on ebay since quarantine, all positive reviews, not 1 charge back or anything close. They asked for documents, sent them all and after 2 weeks I got a can't use paypal anymore email, and blocked all my money for 18 months... 1500 pounds!!! PS I have this account for about 10 years, no warning, no suspension, no direct answer to what was wrong.

Login to Me Too

ChrisM619
Spoiler

You're not gonna get that money, I assure you. I had almost 6k in my account last time, and they say to wait 180 days... well,

180 days later... 

They confiscated it, say its "fees" for their services and took the damn 6k. I didn't get a single cent!

Login to Me Too

Nixibabie
Contributor
Contributor

lets sue all of us together in a giant lawsuit

Login to Me Too

Gopokesosu77
Contributor
Contributor
They say even after 180 days theres no guarantee they will release the funds its a straight heist.
Login to Me Too

Temp20221021ac
Contributor
Contributor
This is a popular third party help but it blows my mind how they can just keep your money and give it back when ever they feel like it. In my case probably never.
Login to Me Too

jagraj
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal closed my account to with no explanation without any explanation as soon as i provided my DL and explanation of the payment that i got.  It is pretty sad that they did not tell me what policy I violated or gave me any warring.  They are holding $440.87 for 6 month.  It sucks to be their customer and their customer support sucks at best.

Login to Me Too

Doner
I couldnt agree more. PayPal is seriously so messed up right now and the amount of people leaving this service for being complete crooks and cowards. I don't know anyone else other than the mob that's able to banned you permanently and get to keep your money interest free for 6 months. Complete crooks and the biggest scam going. There going to accuse you of behavior and have no review process that's border line defamation and could be considered liquid damage soon under Canadian law. Straight garbage company.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.