Permanent BAN / limited account.

ycharb
Contributor
Contributor

Got a permanent ban / limitation and account blocked or terminated without any good reasons..

I've had an account for YEARS, in good standing,etc. Never had a problem.

I've sent quite a bit of money back in late 2017 to a few people for a project.

They sent me that thorough identity confirmation process to keep going.

Submitted all documents, all were accepted, except the proof of identity was rejected multiple times.

The document they ask doesn't exist with the date of birth on it, in Quebec, Canada.

And I believe some other people around the world have been having trouble with this process as well.

After trying to contact them by e-mail, without any responses, I called.

They said that my account was terminated.

I asked to get access to my money in the account and I got it transfered to my bank not long after, no problem there.

I also asked what I need to do to keep using PayPal.

"I have to create a new account?" The girl on the phone said yes.

I did, now this account not long after sending and receiving some money, got permanently limited.

I cannot use PayPal anymore, ever, for the rest of my life.

I called twice so far.. no specific reason given, other than "business decision".

People on the phone being rude. Unheplful.

I feel like I'm being treated as a criminal or a scammer?

PayPal is just a great service and useful. And I need it to receive money for business and personal matters.

What have you become?

All this process was caused ENTERILY by PayPal itself, revoking access to some people, almost at random, to their services.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here.

I don't know if anyone got out of this mess and had success getting access to their service again.

Please. Help.

Login to Me Too
211 REPLIES 211

Kabucho
New Community Member

PayPal is such a disappointment! How can they not have humans to assess the thousands of accounts they ban every day? I have a thousand friends who have an issue with PayPal. They also just permanently limited my account with $700 in it, for no reason whatsoever! Could the world get a different platform? 

Login to Me Too

Miguel2002
Contributor
Contributor

Around Thursdays, 2:30 am, I've paid an invoice toward an buyer and then PayPal permanently limit for unauthorized access after the payment was sent. I've DM Askpaypal, call on phone and email but they won't lift my account despite this could've be resolved if refunded/dispute. I even reported it but the case didn't resolve it. I've already screencap and even talked the buyer which the buyer was using backup/different account cause his primary account won't work (This is all of an writing commission) 

I even email the [removed] but they now provide Photo ID and Passport which isn't necessary because the only way to fix this is just refund the invoice. I already filed claim but the case was closed and didn't do much

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.