Permanent BAN / limited account.

ycharb
Contributor
Contributor

Got a permanent ban / limitation and account blocked or terminated without any good reasons..

I've had an account for YEARS, in good standing,etc. Never had a problem.

I've sent quite a bit of money back in late 2017 to a few people for a project.

They sent me that thorough identity confirmation process to keep going.

Submitted all documents, all were accepted, except the proof of identity was rejected multiple times.

The document they ask doesn't exist with the date of birth on it, in Quebec, Canada.

And I believe some other people around the world have been having trouble with this process as well.

After trying to contact them by e-mail, without any responses, I called.

They said that my account was terminated.

I asked to get access to my money in the account and I got it transfered to my bank not long after, no problem there.

I also asked what I need to do to keep using PayPal.

"I have to create a new account?" The girl on the phone said yes.

I did, now this account not long after sending and receiving some money, got permanently limited.

I cannot use PayPal anymore, ever, for the rest of my life.

I called twice so far.. no specific reason given, other than "business decision".

People on the phone being rude. Unheplful.

I feel like I'm being treated as a criminal or a scammer?

PayPal is just a great service and useful. And I need it to receive money for business and personal matters.

What have you become?

All this process was caused ENTERILY by PayPal itself, revoking access to some people, almost at random, to their services.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here.

I don't know if anyone got out of this mess and had success getting access to their service again.

Please. Help.

Login to Me Too
211 REPLIES 211
Solved

JenniferO123
Contributor
Contributor

Update, after 180 days I received an email from PayPal informing me that my funds are available for withdrawal, I happily rushed to my PayPal account to withdraw my funds, I tried to add my US bank account (you will need a US bank account to withdraw your funds) but ofcos there was a hold there and it said I needed to contact support to add my bank account. After 3 messages to PayPal support I was told they tried to contact me to verify my bank details and but couldn't reach me (I advise you call them, don't wait for them to call you), they provided me with a phone number to call and after 3 trials I was transferred to the limitations department in US I think and they verified my bank details, the support guy was nice enough to stay on the phone to make sure I was able to add my bank details and transfer my funds. 3 days later, my funds were deposited into my bank account. I am writing this because I know how scary it can be to go through Paypals permanent limitation and especially if alot is tied to those funds. I received my funds and if you are going though this you will too. I read so many scary comments about people saying your funds are never released, well, thankfully they were, but it will take the actual 180days sadly.

HELPFUL TIPS

• You will need to wait 180days, there is absolutely no way to go around it, believe me I tried. Anyone who tells you otherwise is probably trying to scam you.
  • You will need a US bank account to withdraw your funds after 180days and maybe a US phone number (not sure if that contributed to being able to speak with a support person in the US instead of India)
  • contact paypal via message first if you are unable to add your bank account.
  • they will provide you with a support number to call, call the number and when the robot assistant asks, say you are calling about bank account confirmation. you will be transferred to the right department.
  • Allow them transfer you to the limitations department as they are they are the only ones who can help in the end. The other 2 support people I spoke to told me they would send an email about my issue and blah blah, nothing ever happened. 
  • After they verify your bank details, you will be able to transfer your funds and in 3-4 days your funds will reflect in your bank account.

I hope this helps somebody.

Login to Me Too

arnold1979
Contributor
Contributor
180 day's well that's a lie cause my account is banned and it's been over a now. You all banned my account just using a atm machine. That's ok you guys are going to get what's coming to you anyways.
Login to Me Too

TheyAreAScam
Contributor
Contributor

This literally just happened to me. I have perfect credit, a PayPal account AND a credit line. I've had those for at least 10 years. I've never had a dispute or any refunds, nothing. My account was just permanently banned due to a "security risk." NOT ONLY, does PayPal ban your account, they also ban your bank accounts and all cards associated with that account. For example, if I wanted to buy something through my husband's PayPal and I tried to use my credit card, NOPE. It won't work.

I was just on the phone with them for about an hour and a half. I received no answers. The first two people told me it was a computer that made this decision and that no person can override it. I said "So the CEO of PayPal runs a company that has computers in charge, with zero way for humans to correct mistakes?" Two people answered "Yes" to that question. Finally, the third person admitted that a PERSON in security had made this decision. So, I said, "I would like to have a reason from that person." The person said that she has no way to get in touch with them. So at that point I said, "PayPal is a huge organization that has departments that are so isolated from each other that they can not communicate? How does that work? " Then she finally said "I just can't give you the reason due to confidentiality." To which I responded: "It is about ME! How can a matter about me, be confidential FROM ME?" Finally, she told me I would need to get a lawyer involved. 

ANYWAY, if this happened to you, I am totally prepared to start a class action lawsuit, as it appears PayPal has been freezing people's assets with no legitimate reason. Thankfully, I do not have money in my PayPal account, as others do. However, I do use this to buy supplies for a small, handmade business that I run. Many places I buy from only accept PayPal. So, for zero reason, PayPal has temporarily halted my business - over buying...BABY FABRIC?????

My only two guesses regarding this are: 1.) I recently had a name change. I provided PayPal with ALL documentation (my new social security card, my new driver's license, a letter from the Social Security Administration and my COURT ORDER). PayPal REFUSED to change my name. (I have been trying for MONTHS). Why does PayPal think they have the right to refuse to change my name when the State and Federal governments have changed it? I explained to PayPal that I was adopted as a child and my ENTIRE name was changed, without my consent. I recently legally changed it back. Does PayPal think I am a "security risk" because I was unfortunate enough to have my name ripped from me as a child and now I got it back? 2.) My second guess is that I recently purchased about $500 from a textile factory in China for my baby fabric. This factory is "verified" online and also sells on Amazon. They have great reviews. The payment went right to a factory. If this is the case, why is PayPal banning money from being sent to China? I also happen to be an English as a Second Language Professor. I have many students from China. What happens if they need to send money to their families? Does PayPal permanently ban them too? For being Chinese??

ANWAY - Bottom line is that PayPal is not run like an actual business. Do your business elsewhere. They literally can do anything they want. They can take your money, your account, disrupt your businesses...anything. And, they face no consequences. 

Login to Me Too

Gaussman
Contributor
Contributor

Yea,  PayPal are a bunch of MONEY GRABs..  now Paypal becomes useless, only as an intermediary in money transfer who charge astonishingly high fees. Ebay sellers don't need paypal anymore. 

Login to Me Too

Lanthony83
Contributor
Contributor
I’m willing to go the distance in filling a lawsuit. After 180 days I finally was able to transfer my held funds to my bank account only to be stopped again by ID and biometric identification. I submitted both and received an email from PayPal saying unfortunately they were unable to verify my identify and will not approve my transfer until further review. This is ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

EssamMahmoud
Contributor
Contributor

I can't release the limitation on my account for 3 years to receive my money from the account for 3 years even we sent all needed documents and accepted from PayPal agents but still have this issue without any solution

Login to Me Too

JCSIII
Contributor
Contributor
They did the same thing to me and all I do is make purchases smh
Login to Me Too

ElKunda
New Community Member
Got banned 2 days ago after being a loyal customer for multiple years, with absolutely no reasoning other than "potential high risk activity" and that is it. Now I have a few hundred dollars in my account that I can't access. I tried talking to the supervisor but he said that there is absolutely nothing you can do to get my account back. Now I can never ever make another PayPal account in my lifetime. Ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

SUSPENDEDFOREV
Contributor
Contributor
Use a friends or family members account or make another one. The dumb thing is PayPal literally told me I can use my friends account. So what is the point of banning people PayPal? If we want to use their services we just use someone else’s account until you ban that one too. Ridiculous company banning people for no violations only to steal our money. These criminals will go down one day. ITS ILLEGAL TO STEAL PEOPLES MONEY PAYPAL.
Login to Me Too

Inferno4
Contributor
Contributor
So I recently started streaming on twitch, and have become affiliate which means I can now start earning on there. PayPal has never had a problem with me contributing to other streamers, but as soon as my first payment came through from a viewer on my channel they have permanently banned me. I called customer services straight away, and hit a brick wall with the person on the phone “the decision is final” “I can’t tell you why” etc, I asked to speak to a manager, only to be told they would tell me exactly the same thing, I refused to give in, and at the 4th time of asking and after about 40 minutes going round in circles with the lady on the phone, I was put through to a really pleasant American chap on the phone, who had a look at my account, and even said it looks like a mistake, he asked me to forward photographic ID, and I should hear something back within 3 working days. He accepted my explanation of every single transaction I had made and the one I had received, and even said that none of that goes against their terms and conditions, so I’m hopeful that my account will be reinstated and I can withdraw the funds, shall wait and see in 3 days time I suppose, but it has left a sour taste in my mouth and have currently signed up for alternative services
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.