Permanent BAN / limited account.

ycharb
Contributor
Contributor

Got a permanent ban / limitation and account blocked or terminated without any good reasons..

I've had an account for YEARS, in good standing,etc. Never had a problem.

I've sent quite a bit of money back in late 2017 to a few people for a project.

They sent me that thorough identity confirmation process to keep going.

Submitted all documents, all were accepted, except the proof of identity was rejected multiple times.

The document they ask doesn't exist with the date of birth on it, in Quebec, Canada.

And I believe some other people around the world have been having trouble with this process as well.

After trying to contact them by e-mail, without any responses, I called.

They said that my account was terminated.

I asked to get access to my money in the account and I got it transfered to my bank not long after, no problem there.

I also asked what I need to do to keep using PayPal.

"I have to create a new account?" The girl on the phone said yes.

I did, now this account not long after sending and receiving some money, got permanently limited.

I cannot use PayPal anymore, ever, for the rest of my life.

I called twice so far.. no specific reason given, other than "business decision".

People on the phone being rude. Unheplful.

I feel like I'm being treated as a criminal or a scammer?

PayPal is just a great service and useful. And I need it to receive money for business and personal matters.

What have you become?

All this process was caused ENTERILY by PayPal itself, revoking access to some people, almost at random, to their services.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one here.

I don't know if anyone got out of this mess and had success getting access to their service again.

Please. Help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

JenniferO123
Contributor
Contributor

Update, after 180 days I received an email from PayPal informing me that my funds are available for withdrawal, I happily rushed to my PayPal account to withdraw my funds, I tried to add my US bank account (you will need a US bank account to withdraw your funds) but ofcos there was a hold there and it said I needed to contact support to add my bank account. After 3 messages to PayPal support I was told they tried to contact me to verify my bank details and but couldn't reach me (I advise you call them, don't wait for them to call you), they provided me with a phone number to call and after 3 trials I was transferred to the limitations department in US I think and they verified my bank details, the support guy was nice enough to stay on the phone to make sure I was able to add my bank details and transfer my funds. 3 days later, my funds were deposited into my bank account. I am writing this because I know how scary it can be to go through Paypals permanent limitation and especially if alot is tied to those funds. I received my funds and if you are going though this you will too. I read so many scary comments about people saying your funds are never released, well, thankfully they were, but it will take the actual 180days sadly.

HELPFUL TIPS

• You will need to wait 180days, there is absolutely no way to go around it, believe me I tried. Anyone who tells you otherwise is probably trying to scam you.
  • You will need a US bank account to withdraw your funds after 180days and maybe a US phone number (not sure if that contributed to being able to speak with a support person in the US instead of India)
  • contact paypal via message first if you are unable to add your bank account.
  • they will provide you with a support number to call, call the number and when the robot assistant asks, say you are calling about bank account confirmation. you will be transferred to the right department.
  • Allow them transfer you to the limitations department as they are they are the only ones who can help in the end. The other 2 support people I spoke to told me they would send an email about my issue and blah blah, nothing ever happened. 
  • After they verify your bank details, you will be able to transfer your funds and in 3-4 days your funds will reflect in your bank account.

I hope this helps somebody.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
211 REPLIES 211

Bkerik
Contributor
Contributor

This also happened to me. I’ve been banned for almost a year now with no explanation why. Every few months I try to call and get the same answers. Pretty sure I’m never going to get an answer from them. 

Login to Me Too

ycharb
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly, forget it. They're lost in the immensity of their business. They have AI computers analyzing thousands of cases and profiles and if yours happens to be suspicious they don't put a human being in the loop to judge, the system locks you down.

There is still 100 USD in my account that I absolutely cannot touch. I'm not going to hire a lawyer for just a hundred dollars.

This is the solution.

Forget PayPal. It's the beginning of their downfall anyways.

People are moving to other platforms, people will use better and more suitable services.

Farewell PayPal.

Login to Me Too

mj_reloadedv2
Contributor
Contributor

I’m shocked to see so many people getting banned with no explanation I disputed some transactions and next I’m told for security they had to close my account even though it was proven the transactions were not authorised. So PayPal siding with the crims, seems bout right the way they act. Threaten law suits and your gone. **bleep**

Login to Me Too

Sainiram
Contributor
Contributor
Please restart my account I give you same deteal resend My account no report
Login to Me Too

dandasca
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, 

could you guys share other method of payments that accept subscriptions?

Login to Me Too

lizziemae76
Contributor
Contributor
What is stripe
Login to Me Too

Bluemoonscooter
Contributor
Contributor

Try Google Pay. It is free to send and receive money

Login to Me Too

lizziemae76
Contributor
Contributor
I have Google pay but I don't think you can transfer money can you?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.