Paypal took my money | Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

iwcretreats
Contributor
Contributor

I had been waiting for 6 months to withdraw my money and when I go into my account on the 178th day I see my finds have been withdrawn from 2 accounts that were frozen. Both are business verified accounts. Never had a chargeback, dispute or anything like that.

This was in the memo of each transaction. Between the 2 accounts the total amounts to $14,000

$x,xxx.xx;PayPal Posting Date:Oct 29, 2019;Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

I called yesterday what seemed like a level 1 customer service rep.

She said she sent a request to info to the banking dept.? and said to wait for an email.

I am not sure what to do. I was disappointed Paypal permanently limited me as I had been using Paypal for over 10 years, but I never thought in my wildest dreams that they would keep my money.

I am not sure what to do. A search on Google for "Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation" only shows a couple of posts from a site called 'aspskins', it seems like those guys sell some sort of digital goods. I am a marketing agency that once again never had any sort of negative reviews, chargebacks or disputes, before and during the 180 days. 

I can't get my head around how I would have a caused Paypal 1$ in damages let alone  $14,000

Any help would be much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
100 REPLIES 100

outgram

Bunch of theives took 2500$ with no explanation

Login to Me Too

MrMUTCoin
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal took over $67,000 from me. Anyone with any information or wants to work with a lawyer please contact me at <removed>

Login to Me Too

thanhphong
Contributor
Contributor

@MrMUTCoin  could you please give some advise They took my money too. contact me please

<removed>

Login to Me Too

Ballcat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there!

We just had the same thing happen to us.  We would be happy to be part of your lawsuit.

Please contact us at our email: <removed>

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

hrrgerdz
Contributor
Contributor

Same as here, they didn't released my money. A really scam, we need the money to pay the bills.

$6,535.42 USD;PayPal Posting Date:May 18, 2022;Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation;.

Anyone had success in cases related to it? Please contact me. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

tommyzhang
Contributor
Contributor

please contact me if you have any update!  they are robbery, took my money away for no reason!!!  lets sue util Paypal is bankrupted ! 

Login to Me Too

Victim2021

I am a recent victim of Paypal as well. I want nothing more than to see them pay for their criminal actions. Have you progressed the lawsuit? I am interested in joining if so.

Login to Me Too

Ruesco

same thing here.  nearly fourteen **bleep** thousand.  i waited about 4 of the 6 months.  went to go check on it today and poof.  WHAT.  THE.  **bleep**.

i don't even know where to start because i have no idea what i did wrong to get banned in the first place and no one will even talk to me.  an opportunity to appeal seems appropriate, but i would think that at least being told WHAT you did wrong would be the absolute minimum requirement before stealing your money.

absolutely insane.

Login to Me Too

lloyd_oh
Contributor
Contributor

I just got stolen my 12K USD too.

they made a payment to "PayPal" with memo "PayPal's damages caused by AUP violation"

This is just not sane.

Please do not ever stack up PayPal balance.
Always transfer to your actual bank immediately.

They define in their User Agreement they will take action "in our sole discretion".
They vaguely define various violations.

According to their user agreement, they can do literally anything they want to do your account at any time, any actions, not even revealing what was the exact "violation".

Have fun searching "sole discretion" in this document:
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...agreement-full

I don't even know what I did violate their UA.

No single warning before my account getting locked.

They stolen my entire balance like taking game money.

Extremely disappointed in PP and will avoid PP as possible as I can.

I am warning all of my business partners and friends not to use PP.

I don't accept this situation and for me it seems like a mere crime.

Login to Me Too

Birsue
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal also limited my account and took my money. They took $5500 as a fine for violating AUP. Is there anyone taking any action? My amount does not worth to file a lawsuit alone, but I would like to join if there is anyone planning to do so. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.