Paypal took my money | Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

iwcretreats
Contributor
Contributor

I had been waiting for 6 months to withdraw my money and when I go into my account on the 178th day I see my finds have been withdrawn from 2 accounts that were frozen. Both are business verified accounts. Never had a chargeback, dispute or anything like that.

This was in the memo of each transaction. Between the 2 accounts the total amounts to $14,000

$x,xxx.xx;PayPal Posting Date:Oct 29, 2019;Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

I called yesterday what seemed like a level 1 customer service rep.

She said she sent a request to info to the banking dept.? and said to wait for an email.

I am not sure what to do. I was disappointed Paypal permanently limited me as I had been using Paypal for over 10 years, but I never thought in my wildest dreams that they would keep my money.

I am not sure what to do. A search on Google for "Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation" only shows a couple of posts from a site called 'aspskins', it seems like those guys sell some sort of digital goods. I am a marketing agency that once again never had any sort of negative reviews, chargebacks or disputes, before and during the 180 days. 

I can't get my head around how I would have a caused Paypal 1$ in damages let alone  $14,000

Any help would be much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
100 REPLIES 100

310Paul
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Tessa_tess,

I did file the necessary orders in the local Arizona Judicial Court (small Claims).  They were very helpful and told me exactly what I needed.  I paid the court fees and mailed certified copies of the complaint & summons to the PayPal Legal Department and it got returned as a bad address.  So, I re-filed and sent it to their main business address, that I knew was valid. This time, they refused delivery.  So, I wasn't able to actually serve them with the court orders and I gave up.  I have kept all my stuff and keeping an eye out for a class action suit I could be a part of.

I can't understand how they've gotten away with this for so long.

Sorry, this happened to you.  I hope you are more successful than I was.

Paul

Login to Me Too

tessa_tess
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Paul for the reply. I don't know what to do. I refuse to pay that $882.39 to Paypal because I did not owe them anything. I will wait for 3-5 days, then if everything still the same, I will make a 3 way conversation between me, the bank manager and the Paypal supervisor. Let's see if everything gets settled. I will send you an update. Thank you for the quick reply.

Login to Me Too

Mutaz1222
Contributor
Contributor

check the askpin where to people post there problems with last paypal policy 

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/129258-paypals-damages-caused-acceptable-use-policy-violat...

Login to Me Too

caitcc
Contributor
Contributor
any updates from u or anyone else who was having this problem ??
Login to Me Too

Temp20210821b
Contributor
Contributor

I have same issue... dang

Paypal finally want to be a thief.

Credit card companies are better

Login to Me Too

hichamzz
New Community Member
I also stole my money from my account, and I have no dispute with customers. Paypal stole my money. I spent on clients, and PayPal took my money. It's a scam. Soon, the unjust financial crisis will collapse.
Login to Me Too

Olglr
Contributor
Contributor

any solution to this issue? $808 was deducted for the same reason. The money was supposed to be released after 180 days but it got deducted on the 164th day...this is the craziest thing i've experienced. Money was from fiverr and there was no chargeback

Login to Me Too

Paypal is a criminal mob operation no doubt this company is full of criminals stealing from small businesses. This company should be shut down and managers should be behind bars <removed>

Login to Me Too

Sheldon67
Contributor
Contributor

;Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

They have stolen over 22k from 2 of my accounts.  The money has been sitting there for several years and more than long enough (180 days) for anyone to do a chargeback.  Because the accounts were limited there is no way to dispute these unauthorized transfers and essentially they seem to be allowed to steal your money.  I have send countless emails and thus far have been ignored.  If I do not get the funds back by Friday (Tomorrow) I will be arranging a group of participants that wish to file class action claims against them.   From the looks of this since October of 2019 this seems to be their new game and lots of people I am sure will want their money back plus damages and costs. 

Login to Me Too

tg123456789
Contributor
Contributor

Took 17k from me, so I'd be with you. They took money from me prior to the 180-day mark with zero explanation. I only got one email on one of my accounts telling me to withdraw the money, missed it, a week later they take it out. I have tried to contact PayPal with absolutely no luck. What's even worse is them letting me complete over 60 transactions with my account limited, meaning all cost came out of my pocket. Why limit my accounts for a week just to take everything from that time period.

Whole situation is just sad.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.