Paypal took my money | Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

iwcretreats
Contributor
Contributor

I had been waiting for 6 months to withdraw my money and when I go into my account on the 178th day I see my finds have been withdrawn from 2 accounts that were frozen. Both are business verified accounts. Never had a chargeback, dispute or anything like that.

This was in the memo of each transaction. Between the 2 accounts the total amounts to $14,000

$x,xxx.xx;PayPal Posting Date:Oct 29, 2019;Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

I called yesterday what seemed like a level 1 customer service rep.

She said she sent a request to info to the banking dept.? and said to wait for an email.

I am not sure what to do. I was disappointed Paypal permanently limited me as I had been using Paypal for over 10 years, but I never thought in my wildest dreams that they would keep my money.

I am not sure what to do. A search on Google for "Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation" only shows a couple of posts from a site called 'aspskins', it seems like those guys sell some sort of digital goods. I am a marketing agency that once again never had any sort of negative reviews, chargebacks or disputes, before and during the 180 days. 

I can't get my head around how I would have a caused Paypal 1$ in damages let alone  $14,000

Any help would be much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
100 REPLIES 100

Hamza-el
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @lingyu1995 

should I bee in new york, because I didn't live in new york

Login to Me Too

Hamza-el
Contributor
Contributor

hi @iwcretreats 

did you find a solution for this problem?

Login to Me Too

NgocThanh05
Contributor
Contributor

I think he lost money. I had the same problem, I realized that all the money holders were over $ 2000

Login to Me Too

Temp20210821a
New Community Member

??????????????

Login to Me Too

Temp20210821a
New Community Member

I have the same situation , they just took my money from two account $1400 and $350 , 

I just call them and they tell me I cant get the money back due to the policy ,

Did anyone get the money back ? please share the expirence , thanks

Login to Me Too

Pandaren
Contributor
Contributor
I'm also in New York. PayPal also stole my funds. I want to go to small claims Court as soon as everything opens back up.
Login to Me Too

tommyzhang
Contributor
Contributor

I got same problem, xiong <removed>.  I have been waiting for those money for 180 days, when time was up, Paypal took my money away.   I am just curious about how Paypal is going to use our money. and what damages that Paypal bears from us.   why ebay let this stupid company come our from their CORP. 

Login to Me Too

megaman619
Contributor
Contributor

Please let me know if your problem has been solved. i also experience the same problem, and am convince that paypal is a scammer. Giving us false hope, making us wait for 180days or 6months then steal everything what we wait for that long period of time.

Login to Me Too

77tontos
Contributor
Contributor
I plan to sue PayPal in small claims court once I can scrape the money together to pay for filing fees.
Login to Me Too

tessa_tess
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Did you sue the paypal? And did you get your money back? I had the same problem started January 9, 2023. I made a purchased from Ali Express a Carpet that worth $221.89, but when I clicked to pay, it was declined by my bank issuer and said try again, so I tried again multiple times but it was still declined, so I decided to purchased again the second time and the third time, but all these purchased was declined. So I decided to cancelled the order since the payment it did not go through. I have $331.45 setting in my bank account to pay the $221.89 Carpet, but I don't really understand why everytime I made a payment to Ali Express got declined. Monday morning I checked my bank account online and for my surprised Paypal deposited 6 transaction $1,326.17, and I got confused why paypal deposited $1,106.56? So I waited the next day before I called my bank about what's going on, but when I checked my bank account the next day, they took them back more $1,543.79. Then the next day Paypal took my money again $443.78, then the same day they put it back again the money the $443.78. Then the next day January 12, they took again $658.23, then put them back again in my bank account $658.23, So I got an NSF charge $225.00 from my bank. So all my own money that was setting in my bank account I ended up I have only $42.26 left, and my Paypal Account had an -$882.39 balance owed to Paypal and they want me to pay them back. I don't understand why I owe them that money. I never owe them, they are the one that keep taking my money in and out from my bank account. So my bank decided to close my bank account an so they cannot collect the payment anymore. Then I called Paypal I even talked the Paypal supervisor, and she said that I still owe $882.39, and I said to her her name is Rechel, I said to her that I never owed you that amount because the carpet that I purchase was cancelled long time ago, but paypal still keep collecting the payment in and out from my bank account even though there's no payment made to Ali Express because the order was cancelled already right after I made the purchase. So the Paypal Supervisor Rechel said I have to wait for 3-5 days before it clears up, then me and the bank and her we gonna have a 3 ways conversation to resolve this problem. Please reply because I am suffering now with nervous breakdown because they said that I still owe them the $888.39. They really put a big missed with my bank account. If this things never get resolve I am planning to sue them because it is affecting my business and my mental health.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.