Paypal took my money | Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

iwcretreats
Contributor
Contributor

I had been waiting for 6 months to withdraw my money and when I go into my account on the 178th day I see my finds have been withdrawn from 2 accounts that were frozen. Both are business verified accounts. Never had a chargeback, dispute or anything like that.

This was in the memo of each transaction. Between the 2 accounts the total amounts to $14,000

$x,xxx.xx;PayPal Posting Date:Oct 29, 2019;Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

I called yesterday what seemed like a level 1 customer service rep.

She said she sent a request to info to the banking dept.? and said to wait for an email.

I am not sure what to do. I was disappointed Paypal permanently limited me as I had been using Paypal for over 10 years, but I never thought in my wildest dreams that they would keep my money.

I am not sure what to do. A search on Google for "Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation" only shows a couple of posts from a site called 'aspskins', it seems like those guys sell some sort of digital goods. I am a marketing agency that once again never had any sort of negative reviews, chargebacks or disputes, before and during the 180 days. 

I can't get my head around how I would have a caused Paypal 1$ in damages let alone  $14,000

Any help would be much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@iwcretreats 

There are literally hundreds to over a thousand ways we can violate PayPal's user agreement, some not even listed exactly but are related in some fashion. Not just chargebacks, claims, disputes. Since it says it's for Acceptable Use violations, it could be something you sold or your business model that's not permitted so you must look in that part of the user agreement if it applies. Weird that they'd do this and not notify you.

Since you're in the US, I suggest opening a case with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose CA to get PayPal Office of Executive Escalations to review your account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
100 REPLIES 100
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@iwcretreats 

There are literally hundreds to over a thousand ways we can violate PayPal's user agreement, some not even listed exactly but are related in some fashion. Not just chargebacks, claims, disputes. Since it says it's for Acceptable Use violations, it could be something you sold or your business model that's not permitted so you must look in that part of the user agreement if it applies. Weird that they'd do this and not notify you.

Since you're in the US, I suggest opening a case with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose CA to get PayPal Office of Executive Escalations to review your account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Cybesol
Contributor
Contributor
Any luck on this buddy! I am victim as well.
Login to Me Too

tattoodlr
Contributor
Contributor
But what if I don't do business on my account all I had it set up to do was to have a place to direct deposit my pandemic assistance payments and unemployment checks. I don't sell any products , nor have I ever .
Login to Me Too

Temp20201130i
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal took $24000 from my account after four months of telling me I will getting it back in 6 months. <removed>

Login to Me Too

ailynpino
Contributor
Contributor
Thats what happen to my account after 6months i been waiting because they told me i can withdraw my money after that. They will let me know how to withdraw my balance. Because cannot used by payment online or withdraw my balance coz i had problem my paypal it on lematetion it says. Now that i was expected that money they took it and telling me i have violation for using agreement? What is this?
Login to Me Too

markoliver
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to my account. I was expecting to get it after 6 months coz they told me that i can only withdraw it after the holding period of 180 days. But to my dismay, they took the whole amount that was left in my account before the holding period ends. <removed> paypal. You are supposed to secure the money of your customer. You just debit the whole amount without even informing the accountholder. I hope there is a chance to get my hard earned money back.

Login to Me Too

Adam255
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone ever gotten their Money back from PayPal?
Login to Me Too

Kilmyaa1

Temp20220405L

hi , did you ever could get any of your funds back ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.