Paypal seller protection ??? Really ?

Juan-Paixao
Contributor
Contributor
  1. Case opened 17.09.21 : PP-010-190-230-232 by the buyer closed 21/0921 by Paypal
  2. Same buyer opened a new case for the same transaction !!! PP-D-12699027 "Unauthorised access"
  3. According Paypal message there is a problem between Paypal and the customer financial institution
  4. Paypal charges back the amount of the transaction + Fees !!!

I want to say that

1. THIS TRANSACTION IS CLASSIFIED AS UNDER SELLER PROTECTION... The business between the customer financial institution and Paypal is not my concern !
  2. Charging fees on this kind of case is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE ! we are not responsible for the situation.
  3. So please send back the amount of the transaction + Fees and fix your issues with the buyer and his financial institution.
  4. I'm waiting for your quick reply
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Juan-Paixao 

1. A chargeback that a buyer wins is between you and the buyers card company and the card company make all the decisions not paypal. Paypal may well compensate you under seller protection if you met ALL the criteria of that protection, as you appear not to have been compensated your best bet is to go and read up on it in paypals user agreement to see where you missed out?

2. If you lose a chargeback then you pay the card issuers processing fees.

3. If you want to contact customer services then click help/contact bottom of every paypal page.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Juan-Paixao
Contributor
Contributor

"If you want to contact customer services then click help/contact bottom of every paypal page."

Are you joking ?

• I tried by phone : lost in IVS and nobody answer.
  • I tried with message center : All my messages have been deleted after 90 days without any answer.
  • I tried with chat : unable to reach a human

I received an email from Paypal saying its a problem between Paypal and the customer financial institution (unauthozized utilisation). I thought that is why I'm paying fees... But apparently not

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Juan-Paixao 

You pay a fee to accept payments from buyers, you do not pay for seller protection.

However that protection is not a 100% guarantee which is why I said go read up to see why you were not covered.

And all I can do is give you all the contact options, if you can't use them then sadly not a lot I can do about that one, others easily manage.

I also see you have only tried 3 of the options that I gave you.  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Juan-Paixao
Contributor
Contributor

I think you are talking nonsense. I pay for seller protection. This is even the first benefit that PayPal puts forward.

The transaction meets all of the eligibility criteria for seller protection. We have more or less 300 paypal transactions per week.
The problem that paypal mentioned was a transaction that was not authorized by the customer's bank. Paypal has authorized this transaction.

Have you yourself tried to contact Paypal by any of the means you identify?

I know how to read the paypal terms of use. What I am talking about is reality, not what paypal writes.

I think you should refrain from giving advice that is not based on customer experience but only on reading paypal terms of use.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Juan-Paixao 

You do NOT pay for seller protection, thats a given, you pay to receive online payments from buyers and for paypal to process them to your account for you.

Try actually reading.....

https://www.paypal.com/dm/webapps/mpp/security/seller-protection

All eligible sales are automatically protected and there’s no charge for using the Seller Protection. 

If you were covered by seller protection then you would have been reimbursed, if you were not reimbursed then you were not covered.....'simples'.

Yep I have phoned them on many occasions and contacting them by Facebook as well.

What Paypal 'write' is their terms and conditions and that is REALITY.

Oddly enough the thousands of kudos/solutions and emails from folks that I have helped slightly outweigh your ridiculous last comment.

I am a customer of paypal AND I read their terms and conditions, perhaps if you did you would not be in this predicament would you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Juan-Paixao
Contributor
Contributor

OK get out of my post and delete your useless comments.

I don't have time to deal with a paypal salesman who only knows how to repeat what he read somewhere and knows nothing about reality and business.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Juan-Paixao 

Always best to hurl personal insults when you see you have lost a discussion and made yourself look a tad silly isn't it?

I have proven you wrong, I need do no more, as you can see seller protection is NOT paid for so, you are welcome to that free information.

And I will post when, where and however many times I wish to, here or anywhere else without your say so    😁

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Juan-Paixao
Contributor
Contributor

To conclude with this case

1. The buyer ordered in our store for 350 USD and paid with his PayPal account.
  2. A few days later, he opened a fraud claim with his credit card company for fraudulent use.
  3. The credit card company credited his account.
  4. Paypal withdrew $350 from our account and charged us a $15 fee even though this transaction was eligible for seller protection.

This is how it works with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Juan-Paixao 

So to conclude with the correct information.

1. A chargeback that a buyer wins is between you and the buyers card company and the card company make all the decisions not paypal. Paypal may well compensate you under seller protection if you met ALL the criteria of that protection, as you appear not to have been compensated your best bet is to go and read up on it in paypals user agreement to see where you missed out?

2. If you lose a chargeback then you pay the card issuers processing fees.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.