Paypal's holds on verified funds is illegal. Join the class action law suit to make them stop!

Temp20220226P
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal's policies of with-holding verified funds has absolutely no statutory, logical, or ethical basis as grounds to hold and keep your money from you against your will and without your permission. In fact, so outrageous and corrupt is the practice of  these"forced interest free loans," the practice is literally against the law. Paypal must be forced to play by the rules, and obey the laws like every one else! Even if that means we as the customers it swindles on a regular basis must take matters into our own hands, and do so in the form of a class action lawsuit for all interest and damages Paypal has caused our lives and finances by it's unethical and illegal practice of with-holding access to our verified funds!

To that end, I am asking the community of those whom have suffered this intolerable acts of corporate greed by Paypal, and suffered Paypal unlawful with-holding of your verified funds for any period of time, and for whatever made-up excuse they gave you, to please contact me at about the possibilities of forming a class of victims willing to bring the class action law suit so clearly required to ensure Paypal plays by the rules like the rest of us do! 

If you don't believe their policy to be not only harmful to people who need and deserve the funds we earned without being forced to loan it interest free to a billion dollar company first, just ask yourself the following: What do you think would happen to you, if you took some ones money without their permission? You'd expect to go to jail, and face criminal charges for your illegal behavior, right? Well, Paypal, in all of it's corporate ego, has come to believe itself above the laws of this country. The proof of this, is the policy and practice of with-holding verified funds from it's customers, in violation of criminal statutes, banking laws, and all other laws Paypal wrongfully thinks do not apply to it (EVEN THOUGH IT IS A MONEY LENDER OFFERING CREDIT AND CREDIT CARDS, AND DEALS IN AND WITH DEPOSIT ACCOUNTS!)! We have rights as consumers under the banking laws, laws that govern financial companies, as well as the Fair Credit Reporting Act as Paypal never gives a legally recognized reason for wrongfully with-holding and converting for it's own uses your money via the with-holding policies! We do not need to stand for this! Join me in punishing Paypal by hurting it, the way it has hurt us... In the pocket book! Let's sue for our interest, and to get Paypal to stgop stealing our verified funds once and for all!

I look forward to hearing your stories about how you ewere harmed by Paypal unlawfully with-holding funds you earned and needed immediately,! We will show this greedy corporate egomaniac that even a billion dollar company must obey the laws of this country, and may not make gifts unto itself in the form of interest free forced loans from other peoples moneys, and that in this country justice is not determined by the size of your bank account but the merit of your actions and treatment of your fellow citizens!

Respectfully waiting to hear from all of you,

Joel <removed> Juris Doctorate

Login to Me Too
91 REPLIES 91

Thegreat777
I would like to join in immediately. PayPal has held my $1900 hostage for almost 3 years because my account has not been fully verified. Only proof of address is left - needed by them and I send them so many documents to prove my address, but each time they refuse to accept it, no matter what I send them is not good enough for them, even if it’s official documents from the government. This is just an excuse for them to keep my money hostage. I can’t pay and withdraw them, but guess what, I can transfer money to the PayPal account. What PayPal does is disgusting.
Login to Me Too

chriscornell
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, sorry we have to be discussing this in the first place.  I swear, every single paypal transaction has become so laborsome and quite honestly, unbearable.  I have already closed my business account because of this and now, will be closing my personal account once I regain access TO MY **bleep** MONEY.

I received a direct deposit from a consultancy I was contracted to provide services to one of their clients, same one i received 2 weeks ago, similar to what I received in April, and again in March.  BUT NOW, that is not w/in my typical pattern.  I have had very little work since the covid crap started back in Feb 2020.  I provide all the required documentation and explanations to their unwarranted actions.  Now being told I'll have to wait 5 business days before I can access those funds.  $14,417 is being held hostage by PayPal (Oppressive Overlords of my dang money).

Apparently it's impossible to get a phone call w/ the Back Office Review Team, which must be someone behind the curtain like I swear I'm living in Oz.

I would gladly sign on to any class action lawsuit for all the undo, unwarranted, erroneous, and/or illegal actions they've taken keeping me from my money (here in the US we call that THEFT!).

I can honestly say this is nothing short of evil and I do hate them for it.  And I don't use the world hate often, nor lightly.

Christopher [removed]

[removed]

Login to Me Too

Waterboy1
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing they’ve done to me. And more than once! It doesn’t seem like a lot, $50 here, $200 there, they do that to 150,000 people collect the interest for a week or two, or longer and they’ve got a pretty good scam going on. They’ve got my money right now and not only can I not get it, but they’re lying to me telling me that they never got the transfer, when I have a receipt from the sender’s bank showing that PayPal received the transfer days ago. They’ve done this to me before and I’m frickin sick of it. And to be lied to on top of stealing my money. Someone is lucky that they’re on the end of a wire and not across a desk from me because I would change their attitude for LIFE given about 5 seconds…
Login to Me Too

Krysten7777
Contributor
Contributor

Waterboy1, you are going through exactly what they are saying to me and putting me through. They have took my money that was transferred and sent to my PayPal account twice now. They have used every lie you can think of and even tried to blame it on the sender who sent me the money. They also are trying to say that there is no transaction that says the money was completed and put into my account on THEIR END even though I have proof from my PayPal account transactions that clearly show when, where, why, how and WHO reversal refunded my money. I have sent them all the screenshots and letters from the person who sent me the money's bank and from my PayPal Prepaid Mastercard Account Monthly statements and transactions and they still send me the same **bleep** letter saying pretty much their not at fault. I want to join the lawsuit on PayPal because this isn't right. We all trusted them with our money and all they did was take from us and then lie to us like we all don't see what they are doing. I can better whomever is doing all this is making a killing with all the money their stealing from people. Thank You, Krysten

Login to Me Too

Ericb2021
PayPal has had my funds on hold for 2 weeks now with no reason as to why there holding my funds all I did was accept money my friend sent me for gas cuz I was broke and stranded in lake tahoe minutes after he sent it my account was blocked and they asked me to verify who I was so I sent necessary documents and they successfully verified me and almost immediately it was restricted this was two weeks ago I have called everyday to ask why I'm still limited and why I can't access my funds they don't have an answer. I have talked to supervisees and almost everyone at PayPal. At this point in my opinion they are stealing from me keeping my money from me that is legally mine for no reason and at no fault of my own without explanation.
Login to Me Too

dr007
Contributor
Contributor

Why are people still using PayPal when PayPal still mess up with peoples money like putting funds on hold for a long time when the money is need it to continue rolling the ball!

The best way to break a business is STOP USING IT!

Login to Me Too

coolsakura
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree with you.  Is it wrong to ask your family members to send money to you in time of need?  Since the transfer was from overseas and Paypal was one of the recommended money transfer apps with fee, why couldn't the company has the decency to listen to the truth and explore other posibility instead of making a decision based on suspicion without confirming the source and even refuse to see the proof that the transaction was genuine. 

Not everyone are living in lavish lifestyle and can afford for thousand of dollars like Paypal executives, of your hard earned money to be place on hold for 180 days without questions or allow to submit evidence of no wrong doing.  Is there a suggestion on legality of holding someone money at ransom for 180 days without solid proof.  It is like putting someone in prison for 6 months without even having a conviction.  Maybe try to experience what it is like to be homeless because you place the money for your rent payment for 180 days.  Or maybe you would like to experience how it feels not being able to send your kid to school or send money for their basic necessity because the large corporation executives can use that money to pay for their $1000 family dinner or corporate function on corporate card.

I totally agree that security measures are to be in place to protect our community, but what if you got it wrong because you refuse to listen nor being interested in seeing any evidence that the transactions maybe genuine?  You can punish the bad guys, but be compassionate and humane to your community who are law abiding citizens.  

Something must be done to address this as the policy is not a clear cut that allow Paypal the power to do as you please based on suspicion without solid proof of any wrong doing.  I will explore this from legal perspective on whether it is illegal to hold someone money without any solid evidence of any wrong doing or proof of any illegal activity being committed.

This is just unethical to apply a blanket rule without applying proper investigation or audit system in place. It is like a day time modern robbery of hard earned money from decent citizens who have sought Paypay to assist them to overcome their problem, instead Paypal have turned this into a nightmare.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230430a
Contributor
Contributor

I'm Greg [removed] and I will gladly join a class action with you

Login to Me Too

erinann720
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal has been holding my funds for over 2 years now I'm about sick and tired of these worthles POS!!! I'm getting emails from an arbitration administration team talking about they want $500 for something they're out of their damn minds what's the link to do a class action suit against them I'm going all out against these maggot piece of **bleep** people
Login to Me Too

Refuse2

Yeah, I got on here to talk about this exact issue. I've even tried to give them what they want to give me access back, their new process and software is glitched out. It won't submit and they tell me to submit the information again. You know, clear your cache and cookies. Input the information we need and they'll give me access back to my account. No. I did already and am tired of this abuse. I'm down and have multiple incidents recorded of them doing this to me. I was thinking about getting my own attorney, as this is more then likely an isolated incident. NOPE! Look at all of us, getting bullied with our money. **bleep** you, PayPal. Let's keep in contact. My phone number i[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]and I'm ready to lose all my money in the account, so be it. They can have it but won't keep doing this to me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.