Paypal's holds on verified funds is illegal. Join the class action law suit to make them stop!

Temp20220226P
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal's policies of with-holding verified funds has absolutely no statutory, logical, or ethical basis as grounds to hold and keep your money from you against your will and without your permission. In fact, so outrageous and corrupt is the practice of  these"forced interest free loans," the practice is literally against the law. Paypal must be forced to play by the rules, and obey the laws like every one else! Even if that means we as the customers it swindles on a regular basis must take matters into our own hands, and do so in the form of a class action lawsuit for all interest and damages Paypal has caused our lives and finances by it's unethical and illegal practice of with-holding access to our verified funds!

To that end, I am asking the community of those whom have suffered this intolerable acts of corporate greed by Paypal, and suffered Paypal unlawful with-holding of your verified funds for any period of time, and for whatever made-up excuse they gave you, to please contact me at about the possibilities of forming a class of victims willing to bring the class action law suit so clearly required to ensure Paypal plays by the rules like the rest of us do! 

If you don't believe their policy to be not only harmful to people who need and deserve the funds we earned without being forced to loan it interest free to a billion dollar company first, just ask yourself the following: What do you think would happen to you, if you took some ones money without their permission? You'd expect to go to jail, and face criminal charges for your illegal behavior, right? Well, Paypal, in all of it's corporate ego, has come to believe itself above the laws of this country. The proof of this, is the policy and practice of with-holding verified funds from it's customers, in violation of criminal statutes, banking laws, and all other laws Paypal wrongfully thinks do not apply to it (EVEN THOUGH IT IS A MONEY LENDER OFFERING CREDIT AND CREDIT CARDS, AND DEALS IN AND WITH DEPOSIT ACCOUNTS!)! We have rights as consumers under the banking laws, laws that govern financial companies, as well as the Fair Credit Reporting Act as Paypal never gives a legally recognized reason for wrongfully with-holding and converting for it's own uses your money via the with-holding policies! We do not need to stand for this! Join me in punishing Paypal by hurting it, the way it has hurt us... In the pocket book! Let's sue for our interest, and to get Paypal to stgop stealing our verified funds once and for all!

I look forward to hearing your stories about how you ewere harmed by Paypal unlawfully with-holding funds you earned and needed immediately,! We will show this greedy corporate egomaniac that even a billion dollar company must obey the laws of this country, and may not make gifts unto itself in the form of interest free forced loans from other peoples moneys, and that in this country justice is not determined by the size of your bank account but the merit of your actions and treatment of your fellow citizens!

Respectfully waiting to hear from all of you,

Joel <removed> Juris Doctorate

Login to Me Too
91 REPLIES 91

Temo1313
I would like to be a part of this lawsuit as well, please send info as they are holding $2,500 of MY money.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temo1313 

This thread has been ongoing since 2018 and no one has done anything about a class action suit as there is nothing they can do.

Any paypal holds have been legally agreed in their user agreement for each country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Billysteel41
Where do I sign up to be on this class action suit? My money is was gone n hold as well. I sold an item to a customer based on the reason his payment was offered in advance. As I little had no money at the time I took the offer for this item at a very reduced rate. When PayPal decided to hold my money I was unable to ship the item because like I’d said… I had no money. The only was PayPal I as to release the money was once the buyer verified shipment. This isn’t was the buyer wanted, and was against the deal he and I had made. But since PayPal literally decided to take over control of his money, I was unable to be paid, the item was unable to be shipped until money was finally acquisitioned from another source so the item could be shipped, and then finally once tracking number was entered into PayPal app and buyer verified the receipt of item did PayPal decide the release money from hold. This practice of PayPal money holds is wrong, illegal, and degrading. It took a simple, fun, and happy experience of online shopping, and made all parties involved (except PayPal) unhappy, and turned off to doing business with each other. PayPal holds need to stop!!! I would like to be part of the lawsuit if possible. Please contact me anytime with requirements to further action in suit. Thx
Login to Me Too

atlantamr

I am a first-time seller for only one single item. I already had a PayPal account but was forced to make a new business account which I did. I sold the single item with the tracking number. Item has been delivered states USPS. The money is on hold. I read where it takes 5-7 transactions for Goods & Services. This was a single transaction to sell one item! I also read that with the tracking number provided I could have my funds the following day after delivery. NOT! Does this mean that PayPal is now going to hold my funds for the 57 days indicated? ANd should I expect to get my money with the interest earned while being held at PayPal? I doubt it. Hell, Craigs List would have been riskier for the seller but easy on the payment. Damn, I plan on taking my money and closing this thing. Still plan on keeping my personal PayPal account only because I use it so much. 

Anyone have suggestions on how to get my cash?

Login to Me Too

thefundinggenie
Contributor
Contributor

I want to join i am going through this now and all I keep getting it lied. 

Login to Me Too

thefundinggenie
Contributor
Contributor

I need this advice also, worked with a client for 6 months we finally got her business up and going she payed me my consulting fees 

PayPal put a hold i gave them everything they asked for and more, now i am being told my funds will be held for 180 Days maybe more and i cant appeal this decision, what kind of crazy **bleep** is this why is PayPal doing this to small business, i have bills to pay and people that work for me that is waiting, and to rub my face in **bleep**, they then send me an email saying i am a verified seller, but i cant get my money that you to fees from and getting interest on.

PAY PAL MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.

Login to Me Too

MsSpitfire69
Contributor
Contributor
Please how do we get our funds
Login to Me Too

Autoten
Contributor
Contributor
Please send to us as well. A customer service representative flagged our business account for hold because we questioned their seller protection policy. This is some absurd stuff. As much as we love the platform we are going to a different processor Because how we are being treated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20220525e

My friend in Philippines just had this happen today - no reason given - just 180 day hold.  This is unimaginable for someone from a 3rd world country that needs access to their funds and only has PayPal. A good portion of that money is what I have personally sent - so I feel I am a victim also.  How do we join this class action suit?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.