Paypal official email accounts

Lino14
New Community Member

Hello,

I received an email about suspicious activity on my credit card linked to my paypal account, however the email was send from a weird account,

<removed>

and the title was in Spanish.

Is this a scam? Considering this term is banned from the community I assume so, but I just wanna be sure.

Whats the official paypal email accounts?

Regards,

Lino

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Swam
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Lino14 ,
Welcome to PayPal community and thank you for posting.
I understand that you have received an email an email about suspicious activity on my credit card linked to your PayPal account. PayPal do not ask for our customer's SS number via email. It seems like the email that you have received is not sent by PayPal.
Please make sure not to enter any information nor click on any link inside that email. We will appreciate it, if you report bug could forward those spam emails to <removed>. Also, do not change the subject line and delete it from your inbox once your are done. Here is what we do with the emails that you send us:
* We continuously work to disable fake emails and websites.
* We manually review all submissions sent to this <removed>
* We also work with law enforcement around the world to stop online criminals. Hope this is helpful.
Thank you
Regards,
Swam

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Lino14, @Swam,

Thank you for reporting this! It looks like the links the previous poster included are not valid. My apologies. Here are the valid links to the Help Center article: How do I spot and report a fake, fraudulent, or phishing PayPal email or website?

Hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.