Paypal keep wanting additional business information

Castaway1
New Community Member

Hi everyone. I have had this account with PayPal for a small business I run with my husband for almost 20 years now. Last Thursday I had an email from them saying they needed more business information and my account could not be used until I provided it. They gave me a link to fill it in. However the answers I gave were not sufficient and it would not go through. I called Paypal and the CS person said that they needed a copy of our company tax return. So I sent them this. On Friday I called again and this time I was asked to upload a scan of my husbands passport. On Monday I called again and was asked to download a partnership agreement form the internet, fill it in and up upload it. All of this I did. I explained to CS that I was in serious financial difficulties as I could not access my money and she said she would ensure it was escalated and get back to me. I heard nothing so I called again yesterday and CS said they would escalate again. This morning I received a LOA, Letter of Authorisation, by email to fill in. Despite my telling them many times that we are just a tiny company, just me and my husband not limited or anything like that, this form requires authorisation from the CEO, Managing Director Chairperson etc.

Now I am at my wits end here. I have had no money for a week, the week before Christmas. None of this is my fault, which CS have confirmed. I have jumped through every hoop they have put in front of me only to be confronted by yet another one. It looks like we will be eating marmite sandwiches for our Christmas dinner as I cant see a way out of this. If anyone can help I would be very grateful indeed. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.