Paypal is holding my money even 180 days already passed

GerardGil
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My account was limited on 05/06/2022, and until today my money is still on hold and I'm unable to transfer it to my bank account.

I contacted PayPal for the first time using the complaint form and they sent me email that I'm eligible to withdraw my money on 11/02/2023 (210 days later), but the problem, I cannot withdraw a money that is on hold.

I tried to contact PayPal via chat, but they always show me that no one is available despite there are available agents. friend of mine tried with his account, and he was able to chat with an agent - Pure discrimination.

I tried via phone and I'm always on hold for hours and hours until I give up, and again my friend with a non limited account was able to get an agent via phone in less than 2 minutes.

I contacted PayPal several time using email and complaints forms, and they always reply to me with a automated reply on how I can transfer the money.

Some replies have a name signature and still they send me automatic replies without checking what I wrote.

My account was limited for no reason and for sure, the robot made a mistake and they rely on it, and now they don't even want to give me my money as it's always showing on hold.

What do you think I should do with these guys? I have no idea why paypal is dealing with me like this? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GerardGil 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, account is in your legal name and the account is registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GerardGil
Contributor
Contributor

This is not relevant at all to my case. I thought only support that replies with irrelevant replies but looks like the same here.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GerardGil 

You're welcome 🤣

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Naveedsediqi
New Community Member
Same here please advise
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.