Paypal got banned for no reason

LegoLover
New Community Member

Hi all,

I know this gets asked / answered a lot, but I have been banned for no reason. I know since this is Community ran, people won't be able to directly help me, but I'm at a loss and and wanting other people's points of view / knowledge on what may have occurred.

My account was banned citing "you're in violation of Paypal's Acceptable Use Policy" yet I'm not...

I use my account for two purposes; receiving gifts from people I know and making online purchases (small transactions on reputable sites.) My account was active and had 0 issues for around a year.

Shortly before I was banned, I received some funds (around £10) from someone I know on social media. It was NOT a purchase of any kind (as I don't even sell anything) but they sent it to me as Goods; I didn't think anything of this so just used the funds received to make a small purchase of around £2.50, but I was banned shortly after it.

The other thing that may have triggered Paypal's Team to terminate my account is that I have 3 pre-paid cards (Vanilla Gift Card) linked to my account. This was done as I have a horrible spending habit and impulse buy.

There's only £7 approximately left in my account and can survive without PayPal but I'm just confused.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LegoLover 

The only thing you can do is contact customer service and explain your activity like you have done here and request another account review. Sometimes the internal security system puts the ban on incorrectly.

If you can’t contact customer service while logged on, do it without logging as guest caller:

1. https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us

2. Scroll down to click “Call Us” option on the bottom.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.